subwoofer brands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

subwoofer brands

been kinda looking around.... anyone know if Visonic or MA audio are any good? I foung some potential good deals on those...
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

M Matts are amazing
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

never heard of either
      brands i have experience with
      earthquake (i have a pr of 12's in the lss....kickass!!)
      jl audio (excellent i have a single 10" in my truck)
      pyle (25 bucks a piece sounded good)
      american bass machine (they were cheap but they sounded good)

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

MA is good, not sure of Visonik.

Go look at http://www.caraudiomag.com/
        http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
        http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Names sound familiar, but have had no experience with either.

JL- good
          Orion- junk
          Kicker- tough
          Pyramid- insanely tough but crap
          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
            Names sound familiar, but have had no experience with either.

JL- good
            Orion- junk
            Kicker- tough
            Pyramid- insanely tough but crap
            JL AUDIO is good
            ORION is now DEI directed electronics and is great
            kicker subs are good. amps use more power than thay put out
            Pyramid junk!
            Visonik. are nice
            MA Audio is good too

Comment

if you lived in upstate ny. you could come to my car audio store. id hook u up!

Comment

that would be awesome... where you been man???
                You should try to meet up with 87vic5.0 he's in new york!!!!
                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                sigpic
                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

check out my basic web site. www.alpha-audio-auto.com

Comment

Visonik sounds familiar... never heard of MA though.

If you ever find any deals on some Rockford Fosgates, JUMP ON IT. Best subs you can get.
                    1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
                    1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
                    1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

anyone know about sub boxes???

In particular if a sealed box is larger than reccomended for the sub... can you make up for it by stuffing it with polyfluff filler???
                      sigpic

Comment

Visonik is good stuff, so is MA and Audiobahn

As for the box, get one that's within the recommended specifications for the driver. A sub is nothing with out the right enclosure (save for free air subs, which blow)

For deep booty bass, go with a vented or ported box.

For competition SPL you can't beat a bandpass.

But overall, I favor the sealed enclosure, to me they sound the tightest.
                        1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
                        FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

i have a sealed box for my 12s. Visonic is walmart junk they sell. too small of a box for the subs they use. heard people say they are junk that have bought them.
                          Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Packing the box actually makes it appear larger to the sub. Basically it operates on the idea that it slows the sound waves down inside the box, and it takes longer to bounce off the wall or something.

http://www.kbapps.com/construction.html
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

no offence, but most of you are way off base. gadget 73 is right. 86vicfive0 is not completely wrong. sealed boxes are the most accurate but unless its in a hatchback or suv you you wont tell the diffrence. ported boxes require less power to make the same amount of sound as sealed. and a band pass is not the best for spl compition. bandpass boxes boost the peak frequency that the box was tuned for but it drops off all others. which is really only good for rap music.
                              Rockford Fosgate subs are far from the best. unless you only listen to bestbuy sales people. cost vs quality thay suck. if money is not an object there not bad. for tha same price you could get somthing much better.

Comment

Working...
                              X