Bigger Fuel Injectors for 4.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bigger Fuel Injectors for 4.6

Hey I found some fuel injectors that flow 40psi instead of the stock 21psi on the summit racing equip. web site..Im not gonna get them right now because my gas mileage is already shitty and with gas being $2.25/gal right now..but I want to see if these will make much of a difference on my performance and is it worth the $650 price tag..

Another question...Should I get a tornado fuel saver Ive herd mixed reviews about it...just wanting yalls input before I blow $50 on a Tornado
    R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
    Originally posted by MeanVic84
    Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

those tornado's don't do shit. save your money. as for the injectors you'll prob need a retune of the ecm to work with those. assuming a stock motor tho, you won't see much, if any, benfit
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

:stupid: Your motor will run like poopy with bigger injectors....
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

So what can I do to boost power in the old beast??
        R.I.P Linsey Nelson

Comment

what year is your car? you might be ablle to locate a computer from a p71. that changes some things around. its not going tto make it a street monster or anything but the car should have a "little" more pep. not much tho. just make sure you get one identical in year to your car

also what gears are you running? if you're running 2.73's you'll see a big difference going to 3.55's or 3.73's. the car will be punchier, not faster.

a dual exhaust will also help. you can go to just about anyt competent parts place and get a complete setup if you wanna do the work yuourself. if not price around some muffler shops. also, assumoing you don't go crazy with mods, i wouldn't go bigger thasn 2 1/4" pipes. any more on a fairly stock motor and you'll lose some low end grunt. in a big car thats not good

Comment

Yeah, injectors won't help anything, and the 19# are plenty fine and can even work with a supercharger. My mods have given me a little more pep. I'd just throw on some duals, gut the cats, underdrives and a better air intake setup w/p71ecm. Cheap easy & quick.
            Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Evilvic I will have to disagree with you on the tornado. I got one for my dad and it increased his mpg by 3 more mpg in his merk. There was no preformance gain though. Ya do like others above said for more performance.
              2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Its got dual exaust so all I have to do is rear gears,flowmaster 40 series mufflers,p71 computer and accel cool blue air filter with cold air intake.
                R.I.P Linsey Nelson

Comment

save your money on the cold air intake. on a stock motor, even with the p71 computer, it still really won't help. plus unless you can figure out a way to get the filter element into the fender ala mustang, all you're going to do is just be sucking the hot, dirty air of the engine compartment into the engine.

on a side note about the p71 computer, make sure you get one identical in year to your car(unlress the motor/tranny''s been swapped at some point) people that have gotten mismatched years have had problems

Comment

gears, a shift kit, bigger throttle body......start there.....bigger injectors require a maf calibrated for larger injectors, and theres no need for it 19's are good to at least 300 hp
                    scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

My car was bulit in July of 1992 would that be AOD or a AEOD transmisson. I need to know so I get the right p71 computer for it.
                      R.I.P Linsey Nelson

Comment

Working...
                      X