coach roof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coach roof

so what is the difference between a coach roof and a vinyl top?

welcome to gmn
    the regular vinyl top has metal trim around the rear window
    the coach roof wraps around the rear window and the rear window is much smaller.....there is also a fiberglass panel under the roof and if you rip one of these off you need a rear window from a non coach roof car

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

How hard would it be to convert a standard vinyl top, to a coach roof. Is it as easy as getting the window/fiberglass panel and then installying the vinyl over it?

The Admiral

Comment

Why in the HELL would you want a coach roof? They are horrible!!
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Dunno, I just dont like the huge rear window on my 87 Tudor. I like the one on the CV's a lil better. Just tossing around a few ideas as to options.

Comment

I think a coach roof MIGHT look cool with a slicktop, but good luck doing that!

Comment

I wanna photoshop a roof like Boxman has on his 90 CV, onto my tudor. Just to see how it looks. Cuz I've got a line on a sun roof, and I think the total package would look pretty sweet. But I could also just be mental heh

The Admiral

Comment

Originally posted by HerMajestysMechanic View Post
                How hard would it be to convert a standard vinyl top, to a coach roof. Is it as easy as getting the window/fiberglass panel and then installying the vinyl over it?

The Admiral
                probably, though I think you make it sound like less of a horrible pain in the ass than its probably going to be. I think the interior trim is also different for the smaller rear glass.

Tom: 'splain to me how you'd do a coach roof on a slick top? Wouldn't the coach roof imply vinyl, and a slicktop has no vinyl? I r confused.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                  probably, though I think you make it sound like less of a horrible pain in the ass than its probably going to be. I think the interior trim is also different for the smaller rear glass.

Tom: 'splain to me how you'd do a coach roof on a slick top? Wouldn't the coach roof imply vinyl, and a slicktop has no vinyl? I r confused.
                  Meaning the smaller back window. U r hard to unconfooze.

Comment

but what would you do with the shell? Not sure it would look right even painted. Also no way to fasten trim to it.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                    X