Made it to 180K mi then the digital clock stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made it to 180K mi then the digital clock stopped working

the marquis ('94 LS) is running awesome better than most cars a quarter of its age, but the digital clock jut crapped out. it reset back to 12 once then started shutting off every 5 minutes for a omment then resetting and then shut off for good. how hard is it to replace one? i know its not such an important part of the car but its a pretty convenient feature to have.

out of curiosity, everything else on that circuit working? My clock died just last week. But it turned out, a fuse had blown and my interior lights were dead and that chiming was gone.

Comment

interior lights work and chimes are working if the whole fuse went it wouldnt have been turning on and off for the last 30mins that it worked

Comment

i have clocks that fit a 90-93 not sure about 94
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

how easy is it to install a new clock?

Comment

pull the finish panel off the dash (long trim piece that goes across, has the Crown Victoria/grand marquis/woodgrain on it) then 2 screws or other types of retainers (possibly clips) then viola new clock

takes less than 3 minutes to replace the clock
            GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
            1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
            99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
            03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
            95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

i have a '94 marquis- the clock isnt in the woodgrain its above the HVAC controls, which are where the radio is on a '95-up car- do i gotta pull the dash or pull the dash pad and get it out from the top?

Comment

Stumbled on to your thread about didital clock. I also have a 94 marquis. And it appears you have to take off that long woodgrain strip, but I can't see how it can be done easily without using a screwdriver and forcing it off, and screwing up the looks. Any suggestions out there on how this could be done without damaging the strip and dash? Thanks for any info, Ed

Comment

The 94GM clock is very easy to remove. You first have to remove the main trim around it and the headlight switch switch knobs.
                  There are screws along the top, just look up under the dash pad lip.
                  And there are screws under the woodgrain strip that runs across the lower part of the dash.
                  To remove that you simply pry up the trim with the woodgrain strip in it with a screwdriver, on both sides of the steering column, it will pop right off.
                  Once the trim with the clock in it comes off, the clock itself is held on by two screws.
                  This whole thing can be done in maybe 15-20 minutes.
                  Last edited by mcninetyone; 03-23-2014, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Thanks, mcninetyone, will give it a try. Ed

Comment

Working...
                    X