Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aero Vic Wiper Bullshit (1994 Crown Vic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aero Vic Wiper Bullshit (1994 Crown Vic)

Well, today, the windshield wipers pulled their shit again. By shit I mean, when you shut the wipers off, they go in the up position, like they make a 90* angle with the windshield. Sometimes I was able to get them to go down, with no fight, if I shut them off quick enough. This time I wasn't able to, and the fucking thing fought me and so the driver's wiper went off the windshield lol. I'm kinda leaning toward the switch on it this time. We replaced the wiper motor cause our old one was loud and doing the same shit. Replaced it, and no more problem. I noticed that earlier this week, they wouldn't go down all they way. Like they weren't down all the way on the windshield. It was probably a warning or some crap. Anyway, what am I looking at? Should I get the multifunction switch and replace it? Or is this motor messing with me as well? And if I do have to go into the column and get the switch out, what is the procedure for pulling it out? Please let me know.

:bump:

Comment

sounds like a case of wacky wipers lol my dad's old 96 aero would use to act screwy when the wipers the switch wears out easy int would not work at all

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
      302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
      k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

they hang off the side of the car. It's so freaking weird. How do I remove the switch?

Comment

I think thats the parking cam in the wiper motor, but I could be wrong. It may be replacable, but on the box models you can't actually get just the cam without replacing the whole motor. I mean the part itself is removable, however its not available any more.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

hmm, so it is the motor. I understand that there is a parking cam, would the motor fight you if it was in one position, and you were moving it into another? I mean the wipers were turned off, and I pushed on them and that's when the wiper moved off the windshield.

Comment

motor yup

chk the wiper transmission also for bushing damage, that could explain part of the erraticness when they're operating.

but the park circuit is bad in the motor and time to replace the motor
              GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
              1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
              99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
              03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
              95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

Great. Well I better get one for that too.

Comment

Working...
                X