how you doin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how you doin

well i guess ill start by saying hi to everyone. as you may tell by my name i drove an import (89 honda prelude 2.0SI 4WS) before the 1990 grand marquis i now have. she does need some work though, newest being a coolant leak on the front passenger side of the motor. she needs the brakes to be dome and the suspension. my front doors dont lock and 2 of my windows dont work. she has a lot of heart but i want to make her a lot faster then she is, and hope my wallet can handle the extra gas im gonna be killing. hahaha

i guess my biggest questions are is it worth swapping in a 351 and modding that then just modding the 302 with mustang parts? ive thought of how id build both but im not sure if its worth the trouble to do the 351.

also are any of the mustang suspension parts useable on our frame? like rear disc brake conversion parts or any of the links for the rear end?

Welcome to GMN and no the mustang parts don't work.....BUT there is hope!.....there is bigger brakes and larger anti-sway bars and Tons of performance parts for you, You just have to know where to look and for that...you came to the right place!
    YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Welcome to GMN, and yes many mustang parts do work (heads intakes etc....) read the 5.0 tech threads.
      1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
      FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

to GMN! Your best bet for suspension upgrades will be police interceptor Crown Vic parts, i.e., springs, shock absorbers and stabilizer bars. For the rear disc brake conversion, the parts from newer panthers ('92+) will swap over--it's been done many times, so those who have done it can help you with the particulars.

302 vs. 351? You can certainly swap in a 351 and make it really work nicely, but the 302 has a lot of potential as well and can be built up pretty stout, so if you're on any kind of a budget, you'll find you can do pretty well by keeping the engine you have right now. The parts that are different between a "lopo" 302 and HO 302 (heads, cam, upper intake, injectors, computer, and throttle body) will basically swap right over to your engine for a gain of 50-75 horsepower. That, along with a decent exhaust system and rear axle ratio change, will make a big difference in how the car performs.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

i do want to build up the motor as much as i can and yea im on a budget. the motor in my merc has 195000 miles so if i did anything a full rebuild would be the best idea or i get another block to build off of. im looking to get as close to 300hp as i can just on the motor and ill hope to add a little nitrous as well.

ive been told that the 302 is better to stick with then the 351 and for ease of building and putting in the car i think a 302 might be hte best choice. either way i just need to start building up some parts and get something together cause the stock 150hp isnt entertaining at all

Comment

Working...
          X