mass air sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mass air sensor?

so these 302's have a massairflow sensor? i might be able to get a ford racing B cam but they need mass airflow sensor so i was wondering if her have them

Negative, ghost rider...

but, you can always convert. I wouldn't suggest it on a stock engine, it won't help much..
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

only 1991 california boxes were maf

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

hmm weird. on the computer at work they list the 90 mercs as mass air but 89 mercs as map. bah, i bet converting is a pain too

Comment

Originally posted by import convert View Post
          hmm weird. on the computer at work they list the 90 mercs as mass air but 89 mercs as map. bah, i bet converting is a pain too

No its not a pain! Just call ITS and get the pigtail and diagram and its good to go. I did a few m/a conversions and there only about 1-2 hours of work
          --Calvin--

Comment

B cam sucks. Get a real one. Most of these larger cars like smaller, high torque cams. The stock explorer cam, the stock HO cam, and any other nice small cam works well.

And don't even THINK about putting a B cam in a stock lopo....
            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

What he said. B cams are too much of a high rpm cam. You'd want stuff that makes power at like 1500 rpm on up otherwise it will dog off the line, then suddenly go like hell.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

hahaha. v8s are so different then fucking honda 4 bangers. it aint even funny. im kinda looking through trick flow and comp cams right now for a cam. another noob question, are the 302s considered a hydraulic flat tappet or hydraulic roller tappet?
                Last edited by import convert; 10-31-2007, 02:10 AM.

Comment

86 and up car 5.0's are roller cam
                  the crazy cam will only hurt low end power where needed......fastest off the line box i've built so far has a bone stock 96 explorer motor with the explorer hi torque cam advanced 4 degrees

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

If you are thinking of putting a cam in the stock motor, don't waste your money. Please read the FAQ's in the tech areas. Cam is the last thing you want to change to make power. The computer will not work with it, the firing order will be different, etc... Please read and get familiar with the motor before modding.
                    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

yea. im trying to find out what i can and decide what i want to with it, whether im gonna carb it or stay FI, what ill do for power and stuff like that.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
                        86 and up car 5.0's are roller cam
                        the crazy cam will only hurt low end power where needed......fastest off the line box i've built so far has a bone stock 96 explorer motor with the explorer hi torque cam advanced 4 degrees
                        Just a FYI the 85GT carb 5spd had roller cams. I use the distributors when i do a efi to carb swap.
                        --Calvin--

Comment

Thats an exception, not the rule. All 86+ were roller tho. In 85, unless it was a Mustang GT with a stick, it was a flat tappet jobber.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by import convert View Post
                            yea. im trying to find out what i can and decide what i want to with it, whether im gonna carb it or stay FI, what ill do for power and stuff like that.
                            Stay FI. It'll be worth it in the longrun. Are we talking CFI or SEFI? Anyway, you get more horsepower from fuel injection as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                              Stay FI. It'll be worth it in the longrun. Are we talking CFI or SEFI? Anyway, you get more horsepower from fuel injection as well.
                              More power? Not necessarily, unless you're worse than I am at tuning carbs or try putting an 850 double-pumper on your stock lowpo. But as much as I'm enjoying my carb conversion, there are still many advantages to keeping a properly functioning SEFI system when doing upgrades (see mrltd's car for one good example). If your car is CFI, then you'll most likely want to think about getting a real fuel injection system (SEFI) or a carb.
                              Last edited by 1987cp; 11-03-2007, 10:30 AM.
                              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
                              X