rear window motor removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear window motor removal

i have never replaced a wagon rear window motor, but a customer recently asked me how to do it............he's pretty mechanical, does his own oil changes, tune ups etc..........said he could not get access to the motor.....anyone replaced one here?
    scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

yup, lol, it hard to explain, its staight forward tho, there is drilling in volved to get at the one bolt. you have to be precise with the hole so idont know if he wants to get into that?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Yeah hey what's up with that? They didn't put the dimples on the tailgate like the rest of the doors!
      \'05 Suzuki GSX-R - Daily Driver
      \'87 Ford Crown Vic Country Squire - Sad to see her go
      \'87 Mazda RX-7 - 302 project

Yeah.... it\'s stock. =)

Comment

cuz when the install them, the motor and regulator and window is one, and when it goes in the gate, they pop a few rivits and bam you have a tailgate asemally in less than a minute!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Rear Window

Albeit ahm not the guru that lincolnmania is nor do Ihave his paitince. thanks to my recent exploits well chronicled by the loss of my glasses a few scars and a nasty gash on my right eye from Crazy Rays u pick it u pull it lot .The motor is a whizz to get out unlike the bloody door locks that claimed there pint o blood and fair share of frustration . :chainsaw:
          I declare WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR on all imports an GM.Smoke em if you find em,make them fear the sight of the panther platform.

Comment

Working...
          X