Attn: NOOB here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fellow New Jersian to GMN!!! What part of Jersey are you from?

Awkward, this is Deja Vu. Strange crazy things

Hello,

As you can tell from the title, I am a noobie from NJ. I was orginally in the whole ricer scene. I had a 2000 Mitsubishi eclipse which I had for over 6 years which proved to be very reliable. Although I found it to be reliable, I started not to like the negative attention I received from police and other ricers. I wanted a larger car My friend drove a 89 FWD Fleetwood and I was in love with the smooth, large car feel. It made me start looking for my next car. Of course, I wanted something newer and it needed to be as reliable as my eclipse was too me.

I was doing some research for a few months on Crownvic.net and other sites on the web. I was surprised how loyal Panther owner are. It made me feel comfortable to know that a panther was for me. (plus they are dirt cheap used)

I bought an 06 crown vic LX in Feb 07 which I so humbly called it "Frank the Tank" It had 10,000 miles on it and I got it for $13grand. Other than a small scratch on the lower passenger side front bumper cover the car is in great condition.

As far as customization.
    It has 17" 06 Mustang GT wheels
    Marauder spoiler
    an LED 3rd brake light.
    and I converted to Dual exhaust. Im using Summit turbo Mufflers.

Enough talk, Here are the pics.

I

Comment

~~~~~~~~~~~Welcome To GMN~~~~~~~~~~~

nice ride, glad to see new members showing up. sounds like you know what you wanna do to it and are having fun already. hope to see it at SF(ScottFest) in July. depending where you are, there are a few members close to ya. go to the offtopic thread and check out the top on frappr.
      Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Thanks bro,

Im always down to meet panther owners. I have met a few good people from the other site and made some good friends. I hoping the same goes for here. Im going to check out that SF.

Again thanks for the info.
        Last edited by crabby125; 11-05-2007, 01:27 PM. Reason: grammer

Comment

Glad to see that you made it here. Yeah you definitely have to enter your CV in the car show next year at Fun Ford.

Packman

Comment

to GMN!

great Vic mang!
            I really like the wheels...and the tips look great...so does that marauder spoiler!
            that's one of my favorite colors for Vics/MGMs in the 98+ style.

-Colin
            sigpic
            1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Beautiful! Welcome to GMN!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
              1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
              But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Ohh yeah, I definitly have to thank Packman for referring me to this site. I met him and his sweet box yesterday at Englishtown.

Mr Land Yacht, You happen to have the same name as another member on CVN with the exact same MGM........what a coincidence. :lol:
                Last edited by crabby125; 11-05-2007, 02:59 PM.

Comment

I've seen this car before, welcome to GMN!!
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Do you have exhaust vids of your car on youtube? If so, then i've heard it and it sounds good. to GMN.
                    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

there are a few of us on CVN also. most of us spend more time here on GMN
                      Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Sure are a lot of new members these days, but I'm not complaining!

That's a right nice find, and the changes so far look good. After you've been here a while, you must make a Reader's Rides thread to keep us all abreast of future upgrades!
                        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Thats a really nice looking car you got there. Those wheels look right at home; I really like the factory apperaing theme you have. Nice work; I think I speak for all when I say we wouldn't be hurt if you posted some more pics.
                          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Thanks a lot, Yeah, i wanted a factory look, while still trying to look aggressive. I got lucky with with the wheels n tires on ebay. I got them brand new (only 50 miles) for 400 bux and they were from a local ford dealer. So no shipping charges. IMO Mustang wheels look better on Panthers than they do on Mustangs.

I do have 2 vids on my vic on Youtube showing my exhaust., I use the same screen name as I do here.
                            The next couple of Mods will probably be getting 3.55 gears and a Cobra front lip. How much is the average price on the gears and install??

I would also like to raise the rear end a bit. Are there any ways you guys recommend this with out losing ride quality?

Comment

Welcome to GMN!
                              1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
                              FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

Working...
                              X