'01 CVPI Downshifts too easily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what I was afraid of...only way to adjust it is with a chip...isn't there a TPS you can tweak or something?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

So I was talking to my dad on Saturday and he was asking if I knew anything about this, so I said I'd ask around.

The problem is, he says when he's running along (not sure what speed, exactly) and he steps on it a little bit, it'll kick all the way down to first gear, where he'd rather have second. As I said, I'm not sure what speed he's running at when this happens, but fast enough that 1st gear seems a bit ridiculous. It also seems like it kicks out of overdrive much too easily. It has 3.27 gears, but when you're running along at say 70 mph down the highway, it doesn't take much throttle pressure to kick it down to third.

So...what's the solution when there's no TV cable to adjust?

Thanks guys,

Nathan

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Its a electronic controled tranny (no kickdown cable) witch means to change shift points and firmness its gonna be programer or tune..Superchips 1725 would work well for that
      R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
      Originally posted by MeanVic84
      Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

http://www.superchips.com/products.php
        that should take you right to the part on the super chips website.....I heard many a good thing about that company.
        YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Working...
        X