Grille question, need answered-normal grille to ltd s grille

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grille question, need answered-normal grille to ltd s grille

i need to know if the grille from the "S" crown vics is the same size and mounts the same to the car as the usual grille. i'm talking the grille that has light housings in it. if they are a match fit and mount wise, i'm going to try to procure one for my project with christine. ithe only chrome on the grille will be the housings and the surround.

this is the grille i'm referring too. somebody before said the grille was wider than the other one. the only problem i see with that is that ford would of had to make a different hood for the s-models. thats alot of money for ford just because of a different header panel

edited to add pic and new info
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Hard to say, but I'm almost positive they mad a new upper hood skin, because the front clip is even different.

Comment

shit, hmmm

its just baffling because the s-model and tquad headlight-ed models were built simultaneously. that would be a ton of money to have a different header panels and a different hood. especially where the s-model was a fleet package. hmmmm

Comment

I could be wrong, I hope. I see how the lights are bigger, and maybe the turn signals are to. Making it fill the gap.

Front clip, Headlight wiring, upper hood skin. Wouldn't be too much, than build them right on the spot along with the quad lights. Kinda like here they build the explore two door and four doors simultaneously.

Comment

it looks like the s model has bigger headlights, and the parking lights take up some room too, i dont know dude, the only way to find out is to try, lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

only prob with trying is finding one and then i donm't wanna get it if it ain't going to work(ebay fo example)

Comment

if you come across a good deal, take it, lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Ask scott.

He bought one, and as soon as it gets there, hes going to try it...
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

tom, thanks for that little tidbit. i'll pm him

Comment

I need to know too!!!!!!!!
                    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                    sigpic
                    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

i lost the auction.....somebody wanted it more than me
                      are the s hoods the same? if they are, then it'll prob fit

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

im trying to go to another hour away city to check out some junkyards... maybe ill find one! oooooooo
                        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                        sigpic
                        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

if you find 3 let scott and i know,lol

i still can't picture ford using different hoods. a hood is a massive piece of metal and it would cost massive amounts of cash to machine during the same model year a different hood for a fleet vehicle that will be "limited production" so to say

Comment

No, look at your hood again, it's not one massive peice of metal. It's two. At top skin is put on. Your car is made of many different parts welded together, it's all about the skins.

Remember they do this at the factory.

All the time I might add. It's not that expensive for the guy working to be told to make x amount of S model hoods and another to choose between one out of two skins to put on.

It's genious. An assembly line. If only henry FORD came up with it.

Comment

update!

there was an NOS "S" grille on ebay.. I didnt tell anyone cuase I was gonna snag it... but lucky before I did I compared pics of an angle shot of the "S" front end to mine.
                              It definitly wont fit.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X