dash speaker size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dash speaker size?

Does anybody know what size my 2 front dash speakers are in my 89 GM?

4'' speakes bolt right in, i put one mounting tab under the dash plate and screw in the other.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

It ain't that easy. Most 4" require a lot of depth, and it ain't available. Find some with the least amount of mounting depth you can. I think it's an inch or so.
      '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

speaker size

Wouldn't a 4.5 or 5 inch speaker bolt right in without any mods?

Comment

i have 4'' rockfords and pioneers and work great!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

My brother put a pair of Mb Quarts in my dash 10+ years ago and they fit fine. Like they said, pay some mind to the depth. One on those general offset ratchet screwdrivers is a really great help when working in this area.
            Attached Files
            sigpic
            1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
            Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

4" is all the bigger that hole is, its the depth thats a bigger problem. Shallow speakers work. I'm actually using 3 1/2" Boston Acoustics with adapters made out of a tupperware lid.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

IIRC, there is a bit of room between the dash pad and the metal part. If you want you can probably cut some 1/2" thick rings and mount 5.25" speakers. May have to cut some away from metal part too. But an extra 1/2" of mounting depth can help lots.

Comment

Working...
                X