Project "Painkiller"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project "Painkiller"

i'm stickying this as it is going to be a massive project, and i will be chronicling the whole thing with pics and possibly video. i am also dubbing christine "Project Painkiller" because, well you all get the title

the major bodywork is going to be the ust repair, followed by the removal of her top(the vinyl) rust is obvious, but the after i get the viynl off i will have to fill, sand, grind etc. ii am not keeping the b-pillar bar as serge did. that is all for now. any tips and questions are welcomed. and updates will be as they happen. not literally of course
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Get to work!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

WHAT? No live video feed? Why the hell did I click on this then? Fuck this place man, I'm outta here!

Seriously though, good luck with it man. :jumpin:
      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

its going to be fun. i've been reading alot of stuff on here and over at "shudders" c v n. like tom's rust spot that looked like bird crap,lol

i've been looking alot at what pete has done to his car too

Comment

alright, heres a list of stuff thats coming off the car never to return

her top and associated trimmings
          the wire wheel covers
          that chrome thing on the trunklid
          the granny chrome on teh lower part of the car
          the foglights

anything else i should get rid of. i'm not going with the aero mirrors and i'm keeping both of the ones i have now. the aero's would be too much of a bitch to find and install. plus i tried photochopping and it looked like shit with the aero's

Comment

LESS TALK.

MORE DOING.

Comment

lol, i'd be doing right now but theres a freaking snowstorm outside. i think colorado's bad luck rubbed off on new hampshire

Comment

My bad.

but as soon as that snow stops...no excuses!!!

Comment

today is the first day i've been able to work on the car, due to work and such. i had to go in for a couple hours today to help with coverage, so all i got accomplished was removing the wheelcovers and the front end trim pieces. i'm debating on getting fenders without the markerlamp housings for a cleaner look, but i haven't decided yet

Comment

Sounds like a fun project. If you thought about using POR-15 on any area's of your car, check out eastwoods rust encapsulator paint. I've been a fan of POR, but it does have its downfalls, and eastwoods stuff looks like it's better. I believe you can find it at www.eastwood.com

And are you really sure you wanna remove the vinyl on the top? If it were me I'd just chop the top off. But thats just irrational old me.
                    1988 Ford Mustang coupe: 4cyl conversion, 5spd, 600cfm holley, roller rockers, headers, 2.5\" mac exhaust, alum. driveshaft, HD clutch, poor mans posi, blah blah blah.....

1993 Sable: Ultra Beater

Comment

Working...
                    X