Mod Motor Box Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Motor Box Madness

Here are some parts to make a 32V conversion in a Box Panther easier...

302 intake to 4V 4.6
    C4 bellhousing to 4.6

Performance automatic has the 4.6 to C4 bells also, well its not a bell, it is the profit ring so you can install into the bell, they have the same thing for a glide also
    http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
    http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

What about 4.6 to AOD?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
        What about 4.6 to AOD?
        Since AOD has in integral bell, it isn't quite so simple. You can get a $450 (non SFI) or $750 (SFI) kit to modify your AOD cases for a 4.6 or 460 though....
        You can also get a electronic delete valve body for a AODE/4R70W
        Last edited by Mercracer; 11-12-2007, 03:32 PM.

Comment

So that basically takes a 4R70W and makes it work like an old AOD? Interesting...wouldn't that maybe be a cheaper route to go for a WR-AOD?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

I want to see that intake adapter in action!....And I would skip the AOD altogether and swap in a 5speed T5 or a TKO I bet it could be cheaper too in the long run.
            YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
              So that basically takes a 4R70W and makes it work like an old AOD? Interesting...wouldn't that maybe be a cheaper route to go for a WR-AOD?
              it makes the 4R70W full manual valve body i believe
              http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
              http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

There is also a place in Deleware called The Detail Zone that specializes in mod motor wiring harnesses for these kinds of swaps. Unforunately I am committed to making the older 1st gen. Lightning motor work in the CV. Otherwise, I would seriously think about making a 5.4L mod motor and trans from a Lincoln Navigator work in the 86 CV.

http://www.thedetailzone.com/

Packman

Comment

what do you use for a distributor?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
                    what do you use for a distributor?
                    You still have a distributorless ignition. Pretty straight forward stuff.

Comment

A carbed modular engine? I'll keep my pushrods if I'm going to have a carbed engine.

Lets not take a step back in technology here folks. Besides, the OHC engines don't make any power (well not muich over 400) without the use of a power adder (ie: turbo, supercharger). Lord knows a carb isn't the best setup for a power adder such as a S/C or a turbo.
                      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                        A carbed modular engine? I'll keep my pushrods if I'm going to have a carbed engine.

Lets not take a step back in technology here folks. Besides, the OHC engines don't make any power (well not muich over 400) without the use of a power adder (ie: turbo, supercharger). Lord knows a carb isn't the best setup for a power adder such as a S/C or a turbo.

Dude..... 32V OHC heads are a giant leap in technology over NoPo/HO/GT40 5.slow heads.....
                        The 4V Mod motors have more power potential than any factory pushrod engine without going inside the motor. Mod motors love RPMs. Older Cobra Motors have aluminum blocks.... There is no huge weight penalty over a 5.0. Don't forget that N2O is a power adder. Nitrous and carbs for teh win.....
                        If for no other reason, imagine how that motor would look... The looks of a Boss or SOHC for a fraction of the price....
                        If you wish to stay FI, then bolt on a Victor Jr or Victor carb intake with a throttle body elbow and stick injectors in it. You could still put a blower or nitrous plate on there.
                        These adapters merely open up a whole world of additional induction choices...
                        Just a few years back, you were stuck with factory or custom fabricated sheetmetal intakes....

Comment

ooh, tri-duece on a 4.6 32v..... that'd be badass.
                          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

How about ITB's and some revs?

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
                              ooh, tri-duece on a 4.6 32v..... that'd be badass.
                              Thats the ticket right there!
                              -Matt
                              1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Working...
                              X