just an update Turbo Crown Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just an update Turbo Crown Vic

well thought i would update everyone with a few pic's. for those that don't know this is going in to my 2000 Crown Vic LX... injoy!!!

Wow. That's some impressive plumbing right there.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

wow, thats somthing, I tell you what...

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
      My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

That looks great! Don't suppose you can share specifics? All I can tell is it's Modular-based and has one serious-looking turbo setup.
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

holey moley!!!

Im a little confused... there is room for the alternator and power steering acessory drive system?? and if there is, where will the radiator go?? thats a whole lotta pipe and a big turbo in front of the motor!!!!!
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Thats an impressive Turbo....Have you thought about how to control the lag yet? Some people have used nitrous to cool the airflow and it worked pretty well with an rpm actuated switch...Like lets say you want it on at 5000 rpm.....And you want it to turn off at 7000 in case of overreving.......Cool huh.
            Can't wait to see some vids of that baby running!
            YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Originally posted by capridrifter View Post
              Thats an impressive Turbo....Have you thought about how to control the lag yet? Some people have used nitrous to cool the airflow and it worked pretty well with an rpm actuated switch...Like lets say you want it on at 5000 rpm.....And you want it to turn off at 7000 in case of overreving.......Cool huh.
              Most of your modern single turbo setups don't really suffer from too much lag. They aren't as snappy off of the bottom as a twin turbo setup, but they don't take forever to spool up like oder equipment, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                Most of your modern single turbo setups don't really suffer from too much lag. They aren't as snappy off of the bottom as a twin turbo setup, but they don't take forever to spool up like oder equipment, either.
                Just wondering whats the specs on that engine?.....Just curious

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP* View Post
                  holey moley!!!

Im a little confused... there is room for the alternator and power steering acessory drive system?? and if there is, where will the radiator go?? thats a whole lotta pipe and a big turbo in front of the motor!!!!!
                  yes, there is room for all the factory goods. The radiator i had to move forward about 3.5"

Comment

thank you and the lag well not be a problem. it took some thinking and homework to make sure it wasn't going to take 5min to spool....lol

on my S/C set up i installed NOS with a window switch. that is still on the Car just incase....

Comment

Just wondering whats the specs on that engine?.....Just curious

The short block is the DSS Super Pro Mod, 18cc pistons, .30 over, forged internals

heads are DSS cnc ported and hand polished with a set of 270 comp cams....

Comment

Sweet one of the many dreams we had for Vicky was a DSS 347 and a supercharger....Most likely she would end up with a 310 supercharged....lol
                        Have anymore pics?

Comment

nice mang

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Thats awesome. Did you fab up all the tubing?

Where are the corner lenses from the first pic (car in background)?

This was the car I saw in a magazine a while ago (5.0 or MM&FF), with a supercharger then?

Thats a really awesome car, keep up the great work.
                            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

yes, my brother's and i did all the fab work. i had to remove the corner lamps to install a few things.

yes, it was in MM&FF with the S/C

Thanks again everyone....

Comment

Working...
                              X