If you haven't been on CVN lately..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you haven't been on CVN lately..

...this looks like a nice build. That motor is fucking..

http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/u...=2#Post1315523
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Let's see:
    1. Wrong heads
    2. Ancient, power-robbing outdated 4V intake.

I do admire the amount of work into the car, it looks like he is busting his ass.

Comment

It's somewhat similar to mine. Hopefully he's not dissapointed with the power output. How do stock E7's compare with his heads?

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
        Let's see:
        1. Wrong heads
        2. Ancient, power-robbing outdated 4V intake.

I do admire the amount of work into the car, it looks like he is busting his ass.
        Kinda what I was thinking...stock dished pistons plus heads with chambers the size of the Grand Canyon (I'm assuming since they're post-'72 when CRs dropped...), his compression ratio's gonna come out what, 6:1?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
          Kinda what I was thinking...stock dished pistons plus heads with chambers the size of the Grand Canyon (I'm assuming since they're post-'72 when CRs dropped...), his compression ratio's gonna come out what, 6:1?
          They are around a 65 CC chamber....and most 351W's have to run a dish piston, as a flat top produces around a 10.5:1 compression ratio with a 64cc head in a windsor. The main problem with his heads are that the ports are puny, both intake and exhaust, and putting 1.94 intake and 1.6 exhaust valves really isn't going to make any difference in power output, unless you remove a LOT of port material....and you can't do that on the exhaust side, as you will hit water in the port way too quickly. A 351W benefits heavily from an old World Products 'Windsor", or even a "Windsor JR." head, the stockers simply don't move enough air for a 351, unless you want to pay some schmuck $600-$800 to port the hell out of them...and by that time, you could have bought a used set of superior aftermarket heads. I have either thrown away, or sold off every stock windsor head I had here, I got tired of trying to make them work, especially when I can buy used World heads for about the same price that it costs to get a set of turd stockers done.

Comment

I have been trying to get that guy to come over here for awhile. He lives in lincoln also and I have never met up with him, maybe someone else can try to get him on here.
            2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
              They are around a 65 CC chamber....and most 351W's have to run a dish piston, as a flat top produces around a 10.5:1 compression ratio with a 64cc head in a windsor. The main problem with his heads are that the ports are puny, both intake and exhaust, and putting 1.94 intake and 1.6 exhaust valves really isn't going to make any difference in power output, unless you remove a LOT of port material....and you can't do that on the exhaust side, as you will hit water in the port way too quickly. A 351W benefits heavily from an old World Products 'Windsor", or even a "Windsor JR." head, the stockers simply don't move enough air for a 351, unless you want to pay some schmuck $600-$800 to port the hell out of them...and by that time, you could have bought a used set of superior aftermarket heads. I have either thrown away, or sold off every stock windsor head I had here, I got tired of trying to make them work, especially when I can buy used World heads for about the same price that it costs to get a set of turd stockers done.

got my lighty used fully assembled windsor sr's for $500 shipped... Not the albeit greatest head out there but for the price I couldnt say no.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
              My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

For $500 you could have done a hell of a lot worse. Its probably 2-300 for most machine shops to do a rebuild on the stock heads, ported stockers with the full job are probably going to run $600-800. I'm satisfied with my heads, but I think on the next motor I build, I'll probably be shopping for used aftermarket, it just seems like a better value for the money spent.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I had a freind in upstate NY build a 79 stang with this same engine and it moved decent but not as fast as it should be. It will be worse in a heavier car.

293 RWHP & 312 RWTQ
                  Many Bolt-ons and Dyno Tuning

Comment

I tried CVN but it seemed like they have a bug up their ass about everything overthere
                    R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
                    Originally posted by MeanVic84
                    Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

You guys notice the exhaust?

Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
                        You guys notice the exhaust?
                        Seagull plop...
                        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

WTF...looks like the exhaust was made to a smaller diameter and person needs to use a grinder to clean it up.
                          Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Damn, looks like a welding job done by me (in case anyone's a little slow, i'm saying that I don't know how to weld).
                            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Not worried about the weld as the pipe inside another pipe. Not too mention the diameter. Looks better than most of my welds.
                              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Working...
                              X