thinking about crown vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thinking about crown vic

hey guys new here.only second post.ive been a mustang guy for a long time.i am again in the market for another one.ive have been seriously considering a crown vic,especially after i read an article in hotrod magazine about a police interceptor with a v 10 in it.with a family, the 4 doors come in handy and having owned an 02 mustang gt ,i know the motors are pretty good with alot of after market support.plus they are cheap.my question is what about the suspension and brakes?do they share any characteristics with a late model mustang or cobra?such as brake size,shocks struts and springs.what about the exhaust?what type of h-pipe and catback will they accept?do they need subframe connectors to stiffen them up?just a few questions,will have more.
    Last edited by bigmd; 11-20-2007, 05:26 PM.

03-up vics can take a marauder big brake kit, they are expensive though..
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I'm not all up to date on the later boxes. The 03 up would be my choice though.

Also, these are full frame cars. We don't need no stinkin' subframe connectors!
      Last full frame car in production, I think.
      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

i was looking at a 99

Comment

My dad has a '99 CVPI. It beats the shit out of my car, but its only 215 horse. The newer ones have more power, and a revised suspension (outbaord rear shocks, aluminum front crossmember, etc)
          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

but the new ones are uglyyyy.

whatever you do, though; get a cv. =]

boat boat boat.

Comment

You should get a box :p

Regardless any year Crown Vic, Grand Marquis, or Town Car does make a good family car.

Comment

And good hot rods!.....Canadian Muscle...Oh yeah!
                YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

[/FONT][/B]
                  Originally posted by cafebrulot View Post
                  but the new ones are uglyyyy.

whatever you do, though; get a cv. =]
                  Sorry GMang but I not share that op[inion when I have my 89 Mercury Grand Marquis I tought the "AEROS" models are ugly but at the end I have possesed 3 of those aeros and now I own the "Whale " style each of this box styles have his cache far from this I never forget my 89 MGMLS box body style.

ATT, SNIPER 308. MINISTER OF THE WARRIOR PANTHERS REGIMENT.

MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

Working...
                  X