Semma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Semma

Hi all - I just joined grandmarq.net last night. I posted a message last night looking for a couple of parts - header panel and grill for my 89 grand marquis.
    Linconlnmania already said hi like 5 mins after my post - and yeah lincoln we are practically neighbors. which one is you in the pic by the way the one on the left or right - cuz the one on the left looks alot like dee snyder.

Anyway my 89 was given to me by a friend - it just needed a heater core and the grille and header panel are slightly damaged so I am looking to replace those - it has 108k and it is a god awful khaki color.

My plan is a complete restoration - with alot of modifications. Please don't flame me when I tell you what will be done.

The whole car will be painted House of Kolors lipa blue with flakes. The vinyl top will be replaced with a white one. The wheels will be swapped for 17 inch RVM Daggs. Also I'd like to add header / dual exhaust. I'm not bothering with engine mods as my goal is looks/cruising. I want the lowrider look without the lowrider. I really think ( MY OPINION) that it would be a waste to try to hotrod that car when it weighs 4,400 lbs and considering that a .10 sec reduction in 1/4 time requires an additional 10 hp (as a general rule of thumb) i'd have to spend ENTIRELY too much money to be competitive in racing - I'm an all or nothing kind of person - so I will go ALL show.
    Once again we all have different views so please don't flame me.

I look forward to talking to you all
    Moooove Bitch Get out DA WAY!

Welsome to GMN!

and yeah that is Dee Snyder
    -Michael

Comment

welcome aboard!

what you want to do to your car sounds pretty cool! no flaming here.

one thing i will recommend you do to your car to make it a little more fun is to put some steeper gears with trac loc in there. not too expensive and will usually allow you to do burnouts on demand and will give others the impression that your car is one to reckon with. hehe

got any pics yet?

2000 HPP Mods
      15.2 @ 89.13mph-1/4 mile
      9.73 @ 72.01mph-1/8 mile

Comment

Don't worry about the flaming shit. We kid around a lot, and we sometimes give people shit for fun, but everyone is welcome man.

Welcome to GMN!
        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
        Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Your safe from flaming, so says god (me)

welcome! and I love me some blue flake
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
          X