Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 Colony Park

Hello everyone,

I am new here; however, I am a long time Crown Victoria owner. When I was 16, I inherited my grandparents 1990 Crown Vic. That car was wrecked by a woman that t-boned me at 60 mph. Incredibly, I walked away with a broken thumb (paramedics said that any other car would have sent me to the hospital in a stretcher). I figured that the car probably saved my life so I went ahead and bought a 1989 Crown Vic for my next car. Unfortunately, I have to salvage the 89 as rod bearing has gone out in the number 4 cylinder. While I could do an engine rebuild, the car is not in the best shape overall so I figure that I might as well retire it.

With that said… I have found a 1991 Colony Park. The vehicle is immaculate with 89,000 miles. The car has been garage kept for its entire life. I cannot believe how good this car looks for its age! The owner is asking 4,500 for the vehicle which I see is well over blue book. I think the car certainly has some extra value, as they do not come up for sale often. However, I am unsure if it is worth what the owner is asking. Is it worth paying this much for an immaculate Colony Park?

Finally, I will be salvaging the 89 Crown Victoria. There are many parts that I have replaced on this vehicle over the last several thousand miles that I hate to allow to rot in a junk yard (new rotors, starter, alternator, fuel pump etc). Particularly upsetting, I put Michelin tires on her about 2,000 miles ago. If anyone is interested, I would love to part this car out to a fellow enthusiast. I have talked to a couple of salvage yards and they have offered me 100 to salvage my vehicle. The car can still be driven at the moment. If I start removing these parts, I will have to hire a tow truck to take the vehicle to a salvage yard. I do not want to make money on parting the vehicle out. However, if there is interest I need to be able to achieve the salvage value plus the cost of towing. I know that this is not the best deal; however, if someone needs many parts this could be of value.

welcome to gmn!
    4500 bucks is alot for a coloy park even if it is immaculate......it's worth the money if the frame and floors and body mounts are immaculate.....was it ever driven in winter?
    how bout maintenance records? i've seen alot of "well maintained cars" with the original tune up parts, belts, hoses, fuel filter, the orig trans fluid (yes there is a way to tell) paying that much for a car you dont want to be fixing all the stuff that should have been done by now
    i hope the price is negotiable

besides the engine, what is wrong with your current crown vic? is it rotted to nothing? if the frame isnt rotten and the body isnt holey, i would put a new engine in it. who cares about ugly paint lol

if the vic cannot be saved, take the tires and all the newer parts off the vic and save them for the colony park......then get the 100 bucks for the car......they are making a grand min off the parts and selling whats left for at least 7 cents a lb for the steel.....dont let em rip you lol
    scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Well, I just got back from an inspection of the Colony Park. I am still amazed by how clean the vehicle is. It is an Arizona vehicle and has no rust. There are a couple of small negatives. I am seeing some minor seepage around the valve cover on the passenger side. The car has been parked for about two weeks and I saw a stain about the size of a half dollar underneath the transmission. Finally, some of the door locks are not actuating properly. Although I did not ask for maintenance records, I believe the vehicle has been properly maintained based on its condition and the condition of his other Colony Park. In addition, the car has a true dual exhaust with H pipe and new BF Goodrich tires all around.

Regarding my current Crown Vic… The car originally came from Wisconsin and has been in Colorado for the last seven years. The engine compartment looks like hell and the underside is completely rotten. I put a dual exhaust on the car seven years ago that is already in need of replacement. The car leaks large amounts of every type of fluid. Although I still make it a point to do oil changes regularly, I like to joke that the car has a self-cycling oil system. In addition, I have had a sub box that weighs about 200 pounds sitting over the rear end for seven years (the rear suspension is trashed).

Unfortunately, I live in a college town about 25 miles outside of Denver. We do not have any salvage yards in Boulder. The salvage yards in Denver say that it is not economical for them to send a tow truck to Boulder to pick up the Crown Vic. I have found a couple salvage companies in Boulder. However, they do not pay by the weight of the vehicle. Instead, they inspect the vehicle and decide how much they can get by parting the vehicle out. Each company that I have talked to said they would give between 100 and 150 dollars. I am really considering pulling parts off the car, removing VIN numbers and plates, and ditching it somewhere.

Comment

to GMN! enjoy your stay.

Comment

to GMN mang
          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Welcome to GMN!
            You can try to part out the '89 in the for sale section. Be sure to post pics if possible. What color is the interior?

I think that is too much for that Colony Park. If it had less than 40K miles, maybe. Just a few months ago I saw a mint '89 Town Car Signature go for $1500. There is a very nice CV wagon near my house right now for $600.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

welcome to GMN mang. let us know your questions, we will answer the best we can. will your car run and drive still or is totally shot? thought i would ask before you go ditching it. seeing as you are in Colorado, you would probably be close enough to make a midwest meet in spring or something sometime. i would find a cheaper Crown Vic, Grand Marquis or Towncar. i came across a waggin' for $800 and sold it for same to a member here on the board. it is the one on top of the board featured. of coarse he repainted it though
              Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Where did you see the Colony Park for sale / where is it located...??? I've been looking at a bunch lately and that one sounds very familiar.....

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

Comment

Working...
                X