I ordered my oil pan kit!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered my oil pan kit!!

I was able to sell some parts on Ebay so I ordered my 351W dual sump oil pan kit today! But I'm pissed. I ordered it from Summit Racing. I checked their website before I ordered it. And it said the price was $131.88. So I called them and placed the order. They said the price was $146.39. I argued with them about the price. But no go on honoring the price on the website. The $146.39 is higher then the retail price in the Ford Racing catalog.

I've never had any problems with Summit racing in the past. But a $14.00 price difference is complete :bs:!!! So Summit Racing can go to hell!! From now on I'm ordering from Jeg's!!

hmmm.... I got my kit for the 131 back when I ordered it....

I got the same kit.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I'm going to call them and cancel the order. I'll place the order with Jeg's!

Comment

I just called Summit and cancelled the order. Summit tried to feed me a line of BS about the $131.88 being for an old part #. Itold them I could get it cheaper from Jeg's and to cancel my order.Then I called Jeg's got it ordered no problemo!

Jeg's total price with shipping and handling fees $141.88. What Summit charged me $155.34. That might not seem like much but that's $14 that can go towards my headers!

And Jeg's said I'll have it in 2 or 3 days!! :banana: :rock:

So I should have the 351W dropped in before the end of the month!!!:banana::banana:

Comment

:banana:
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

yea gotta shop both places to get the best deals
            scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I did shop around. That's what pisses me off. The Summit website said the price was $131.88 and Jeg's was $131.99. And Jeg's handling fee is $1.00 more. So I thought I was getting the best price. But then Summit tried to screw me. I tried to let them make it right and they refused. So now all my business goes to Jeg's no matter if it cost me more or not.

Comment

Working...
              X