Bad news on the MGM...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad news on the MGM...

I was looking at the MGM and found that the hood latch was grinded off, the hood doesn't close properly, a center cap is missing and the suspention is shut. The question is to keep it? It is very low mileage (64k Kilometers) and I know the history since I bought the MGM new.

What are your thoughts?

2003 Mercury Marauder 300A - Black on Black, Original Owner 70xxx miles. 1 of 470 Canadian Marauder built!
    Mods: Martyo Fender badges, JLT CAI, SS Inserts
    Click on the Marauder for more pictures and stats!

Keep it.....Get a new hood latch and replace the shot suspension.and a missing center cap on a wheel? that's no biggie..
    YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Originally posted by capridrifter View Post
      Keep it.....Get a new hood latch and replace the shot suspension.and a missing center cap on a wheel? that's no biggie..
      The supention is fully rusted out, and the tries are done the car DID sit for 5 years. Oh and the electronic odemeter doesn't work that well.

2003 Mercury Marauder 300A - Black on Black, Original Owner 70xxx miles. 1 of 470 Canadian Marauder built!
      Mods: Martyo Fender badges, JLT CAI, SS Inserts
      Click on the Marauder for more pictures and stats!

Comment

hmmm that is a tuff one..
        YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

suspension is rusted out? like the control arms are rotting through? how did you manage that?
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah, was it sitting in the ocean or something? 5 years shouldn't kill a car that much.

I guess I could see the airbags if so equipped going bad, and the shocks rusting/leaking. But none of that is terminal.
            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Did the salty roads destroy the suspension that bad? My dad's minivan which has been run nearly every day since 93 doesn't have rust issues like that and we get snowy winters fairly regularly.
              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

new ford springs are cheap and easy to put in.

Comment

Working...
                X