Differences between 94 and 96 panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Differences between 94 and 96 panthers

so i look on adtr.net and it has the k&n FIPK listed as 1996 and later panthers, same with most of the parts listed on there, whats the difference between 94 and 96 panthers aside from odb II, i am considering doing a few mods to wake my 94 marquis up a bit. Also theres this weird humming noise coming from the intake when i start the car sometimes mby 65% of the time i start it cold in the morning, it goes away with application of the throttle and if i floor it a few times it goes away, any idea?

Thanks

i think the intake manifold changed, and the position of the throttle body with it. early 4.6 has the throttle body pointing forward, later has it pointing to the driver's side or something like that.

sounds like the "hooter hose". its the hose for the IAC, there is a revised one to do away with that noise.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yes the 92-95 intakes have the forward facing throttle body..That K&N FIPK would not work without modification
      R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
      Originally posted by MeanVic84
      Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

96+ intake

Comment

Thank you that is exactly what i was wondering, so this hooter hose is a fairly common problem? and because of the change in throttle body position does that mean i cant bolt in a larger throttle body? An 80mm Maf should still work if i fabricate a custom intake pipe, right? and is the transmission in the 94 able to use the firmer shift deal when you get a chip burned or made? sorry for all of the questions....oh and anyone know if i can buy just the chrome for the trim on my rear bumper? i need to replace it as its peeling...

Comment

both should have bigger bolt on TBs - you might need a tune if you cange too much though
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

The hose is a fairly common issue. You can actually see the revised type in the pic above. All the way at the top of the pic, the round black device. They revised the earlier IAC hose to have that muffler to stop the hum noise. Later ones incorporated it as part of the hose. The two aren't exactly identical, but I do believe you should be able to install one of those muffler things from a junkyard car on yours to stop the noise.

http://www.lincolnsonline.com/forum/...68&postcount=6

has pics of the item in question

F5AZ-9H308-A should be the part number for the revised part.
              Last edited by gadget73; 12-05-2007, 02:27 AM.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
              X