Edit Options.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit Options.....

I wasn’t sure where to put this, and it's only a suggestion IF I'm NOT doing something right or I am missing something altogether.....

It has to do with editing your own posts. I know on here you can do it shortly after you post a reply or a new topic (but still not 100% sure exactly how long that is). However, I'm on another forum that uses this same forum format and it allows you to edit a post no matter how old it is or where it's posted. I think it makes for a much cleaner / less cluttered forum and allows you to correct a mistake or change a description if need be after the edit option disappears....

There have been no issues at all with it on top of the maturity level on here being ten times more than the other forum I speak of.....

If this is already possible please tell me how to do so because I can't find a way to do it.....

:3gears::3gears::3gears:
    Last edited by Da Woody; 12-08-2007, 05:45 PM.

No thoughts on this from anybody...???

Comment

We used to have no time limit. Then some idiot went off and deleted his posts, and I guess these posts held a special value....so no we can no longer edit at any time we please.
      '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Is that person still a member...???

Comment

Not that I'm aware of..
          '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
          '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

yes we have had problems, and no its not going to happen, to avoid future problems.

If you would like to make changes to one of your threads' technical info or readers rides page, any admin will be glad to help you.
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Currently the edit time is 30 minutes. Understand why its kind of a pain in the ass to not be able to edit posts, but unfortunately one person went and ruined it. Sucks but that seems to be how shit always happens.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I can see where the opposition is coming from and it's not that big of a deal really. I just like to correct stupid spelling errors and so forth.....

Comment

This basically doesn't allow people to cover their own tracks, as stated, some fuckhead ruined it for everyone.
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
                  X