Time for a new engine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for a new engine!

I wanna know about my options. I know alot of little things changed onthese cars from one model year to the next. I'd like to put an Interceptor engine, if it is possible, into my 1993 TC. I'd also like to put the most recent model engine in it I can without creating a ton of extra hassles and expense. I want the porformance increase that the PI engine will give. I realize I'll need the computer and other things. But could someone give me some idea what kind of problems I would be looking at? Or would it be realitively simple if I stayed between year model 19xx-19xx? I appreciate any light that can be shed on the situation. The engine will be the lowest-mileage, most recent engine I can buy from a parts yard. Thanks one and all!

Wes
    Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
    Bone stock... for now.

Grab a PI motor out of a trashed 99 or newer stang..Way more mid range power than the wheezy NPI rig
    R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
    Originally posted by MeanVic84
    Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

The 2006 Exploder engines from Kar Kraft are a good value. Like I mentioned, use the 1993 supporting fuel hardware and harness bolted to the PI intake. Use the 1993 ignition system and harness.

Comment

Hell that aint a bad deal on kar kraft..300hp out of the box FTW
        R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
        Originally posted by MeanVic84
        Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

That does sound really, really good. I will make a note of that and if I do replace my engine, that sounds like the way to go!

Bone stock... for now.

Comment

was that 750 for a complete engine ed?
            will the 93 fuel rail and plug wires, intake, exhaust and stuff work with the 3v engine? excuse my ignorance, my 4.6 performance skills are limited......they usually dont break
            and wes my 95 thunderbird burns oil like you describe.......short trips are the worst

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
              will the 93 fuel rail and plug wires, intake, exhaust and stuff work with the 3v engine? excuse my ignorance, my 4.6 performance skills are limited......they usually dont break
              and wes my 95 thunderbird burns oil like you describe.......short trips are the worst
              Do you think it's because of the valve seals on your car, or a more serious problem? Could I be burning over a quart of oil each month? The underside of the car is pretty oily, but I never ever see puddles or spots where I park.

Bone stock... for now.

Comment

grab a markviii motor, trans, accessories, pcm, harness, sensors, etc and swap it in
                GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
                1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
                99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
                03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
                95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

how many miles between quarts? if it's over 500, keep driving

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

will the 93 fuel rail and plug wires, intake, exhaust and stuff work with the 3v engine?
                    From teh picture and description, it looked like a basic long block with an intake thrown in. No wiring harness or anything. If you are interested, just give Kar Kraft a call. They are always friendly on the phone. I would think that would work, but I don't know for sure. I haven't looked close enough at the 3V motors.
                    Last edited by Mercracer; 12-16-2007, 01:23 PM.

Comment

I'll have to do my math to figure out how many miles I'm getting before I have to add a quart. I know that I can do a trip that's 300 miles round trip and use maybe half a quart or less, but I see to be able to lose two quarts in a months time, which is probably 600-800 miles. And of course if I run some thick stuff like "engine treatment" products with my oil, I lose it much more slowly. I know it's harder on your start-up, but it's keeping oil in my block. Lesser of two evils Iguess.

Bone stock... for now.

Comment

how many miles between quarts? if it's over 500, keep driving
                        if its under 500 miles and i live in the city ?

Comment

I would give them a call and explain over the phone or email what you intend on doing with there engine...peaple love it when you talk cool swaps with them...
                          YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Originally posted by seneeb View Post
                            grab a markviii motor, trans, accessories, pcm, harness, sensors, etc and swap it in
                            +1
                            Nick
                            88 Colony Park LS
                            G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                            Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Manual trans swap time...go get a cobra engine!
                              YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Working...
                              X