Lowrider stationwagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowrider stationwagon

hi, im new. I found the famous blue bodydropped stationwagon rotting in a guys front yard in maryland. i bought it for a handfull of change got it running and driving again and plan to complete the project with a few of my own changes.

my cardomain page is http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2944469

Welcome to GMN, great site, just ignore some of the crazies.
    2000 Grand Marquis LS
    2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
    1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
    Mercury Owners Group member
    Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

Tell us about the ride, man. Let us see some new pictures of it.
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Hell yeah, glad to see we got you over here!!
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Always fun to meet more wagon lovers - I've got two wagons myself.

From the avatar pic, it looks like that thing's really in the weeds! What was used to lower it, airbags or hydraulics?
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

thanks for teh welcome. I guess ill tell what i know so far of the wagon. I found it in Maryland after talking to a guy at a car show. He told me he came across a wagon that was lowered but he could never get it started and the car wouldnt raise up. It is on air bags by teh way. so i went and looked at it and decided to offer 3k for it as a fair price to cover at least the parts on it. Im not sure how he came across it but i know his wife had something to do with teh sale of it.

Teh engine problem was due to poor wiring. teh car wouldnt lift because teh pumps were jammed. so now its running and driving fine. As far as teh modifications go; teh engine was raised 3 inches to clear the oil pan. teh rear half of teh floor board was tubbed and teh drive shaft alley was raised which required teh rear bench to be cut. everything was shaved and teh gas filler is behind the tail light.

My plans for the car are; realign teh doors, build a new show worthy motor, add 49 caddy tail lights and add a bumper to teh rear.( i know it looks bland back there. and yes it is wavy) teh enterior does need finishing and im not going to tint teh windows. i like to show teh car so i want teh interior to be as visible as possible.

sorry for all teh TEHs. i noticed a trend and thought i would go with it.

by the way does anyone know where i can get all new rubber trim for the windows, mainly the rear.

Comment

i must say, that is the nicest looking panther waggin i have ever seen

Comment

Ah, cool man. Glad to see you come over here. Next time you're up in MD let me know, I'd love to see that thing in person.
                Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

DITO! Id like to have a look at your engine bay and pick your brain a little. just let me know when your free a weekend and ill head up and check out your ride.

Comment

Originally posted by portdizzal View Post
                    sorry for all teh TEHs. i noticed a trend and thought i would go with it.

Yeah, you might've gone a bit overboard there, but it's cool, mang. lol

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

u should put a pic of it in ur signature

Comment

DITO! Id like to have a look at your engine bay and pick your brain a little. just let me know when your free a weekend and ill head up and check out your ride.

I usually drive it to work on fridays. I work in DC, which is a bit farther south than my place.
                        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Nice to see the owner of that wagon on here! Good luck with the car!
                          -Matt
                          1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

by the way does anyone know where i can get all new rubber trim for the windows, mainly the rear.
                            Might want to PM WagonMan, he's got a stash of really nice used parts. New, I doubt you're going to find any more.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                              Might want to PM WagonMan, he's got a stash of really nice used parts. New, I doubt you're going to find any more.
                              will do thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Working...
                              X