Kicker 152x2 Amp problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kicker 152x2 Amp problems

I have a Kicker 152x2 Bridged amp, an when I got it the fellar said it had a funky smell when he last turned it on....welp, I cracked it apart an found a transistor or something was burnt, can even see the melted plastic, I will post a diagram later showing the location of the said "transistor" an maybe some can help...really would like to have it fixed....oh well....

Thanks all-
    Wes
    sigpic1991 Crown Vic 351w 5.8L

pls do that. i have a degree in electical engineering so i should be able to figure it out for you.

my cardomain page is http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2944469

Comment

Ok, heres the Diagramn Dizzal, I know its crude, but it is the best I can do till I get the camera workin, the colors, shapes and everything is accurate, also included orientation too.....I REALLY hope this is enough, if not let me know...

Thanks-
      Wes
      Attached Files
      Last edited by 351wcrayz; 12-22-2007, 02:11 AM.

Comment

thats one of the output transistors most likely. It can probably be replaced, but most of those will run in pairs, and often if one half of the amp pair fries, it damages the other. You also have to watch out for burned bias resistors in the circuit.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Wow is that all that is burnt? Replace burnt component with equally rated component. Better off spending $0.50 than buying a whole new amp. Plus you won't be out much if you do get replace this and it still doesn't work. Can you take a pic of the insides of the actual amp?

Comment

if you have a voltometer i would like you to take readings on the damaged transister and the one below and the one above. tell me the three inputs for each one. if its set up tthe way i think it is the top input to the transister is the output that becomes the bottom input to the transister above. the middle inputs should all be the same. also give me the numbers printed one the traansisters around it.

my cardomain page is http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2944469

Comment

Ok PD, heres the #'s, from left to right w/ the transistors....

T1-
              IRF7Z34
              I>|<R 903D
              98 40

T2-Damaged Transistor
              IRF743
              I <|>R

T3-
              C25M
              02D

T4-
              C25M
              02D

Thats all I could find on the pransistors, you can use the diagram I provided a while back, the dmeaged transistor is labeled, just go left/right....Hope this gives a bit more insight....Thanks Port Dizzal

-Wes

Comment

Working...
              X