troubles gettign sound to subs..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

troubles gettign sound to subs..

hi i have a 600 watt paramid amp and a cap, as well as two 12 inch subwoofers, i have hooked up my amp,(works, light comes on) and my subs arent blown because i hooked them up to normal system to test them, they work fine, but i have a cap and im not sure how to hook it up, the way i have done it; from negative post on the cap, to the body(ground) and the main power, from the battery to the positive post on the cap, and from the positive post to the amp.. no sound once so ever? any ideas?

Cap is hooked up right. Sounds like your amp isn't working or the remote wire isn't hooked up. Does the amp power on?
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

well the amp light comes on, but once i disconect the remote wire, it the amp light goes out..i thought that maybe the cap might have to be charged first in order to work uniform? if thatas the case, how do you charge the cap?

Comment

As soon as your remote wire gets a signal that is what tells your amplifier to turn on, without the the amp is supposed to turn off. As for the capacitor, it should charge itself. Have you tried running the amplifier without the capacitor?

Do some quick basic checks...
        * Do you have your RCAs plugged into INPUT?
        * When your amp turns on, it doesn't go into protect mode does it?

Comment

the cap will allow a voltage through no matter what but for your set up a cap really isnt necessary. the cap will never turn off and will constantly drain power from the battery even when the car is off. to douyble check you are getting power to the amp disconnect the power wire and touch it to the remote input the amp light should still come on. then you should check your amp inputs.

my cardomain page is http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2944469

Comment

Honestly, pyramid amps a troublesome.....if the diagnostic procedures above don't help I wouldn't be surprised if the amp has an internal short or bad connection.
            1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
            FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

thanks alot guys, yea ill try that portdizzal, and if nothign happens ill prolly buy a new amp, i have checked all wire connections numerous times , ive been trying for about 3 or 4 days! but yea ill try that and let you kno how things goo thanks again

Comment

try those new rca cables we got today

Comment

thanks to everyone who took part in helping me with this situation.. subs are working now.. it was my rca cables... once again thanks for the advie and tips..

Comment

Working...
                  X