Greetings to all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings to all!

New poster, long time lurker. I'd just like to thank everyone on this site for all the great info and entertainment. Anyway, I'll be asking plenty of questions in the future, probably dumb ones as what I know about auto repair you could write on a grain of rice. I drive a 1990 Crown Vic 5.0. Over the last year I've had the waterpump replaced, new belts,new check valve and airtube, new tps, and had a dual exhaust fitted. I bought the car for $800 from a family who were selling their deceased mothers belongings and although the paint left something to be desired, overall the car seemed to have been well maintained. The car had been left sitting outside for some time and soon required new tires (I chose 225/70/15 Grand Am GT's) due to rot - I suppose this also explains the peeling/ oxidising clearcoat too. Strangely there is virtually no rust at all.
    My plans for the car are to tackle the paint removal/dent removal myself(!) in the spring. I'd also like to remove the vinyl roof as some others on the site have (yup - I'm a glutton for punishment) and maybe look into some kind of funky reupholstery at some point, although the interior is in good shape overall so thats not a priority.
    Its great to be a part of this community, and thanks in advance for any feedback.

Glad you've joined up! I hope you haven't been watching us while we shower, that's just creepy.

Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
    Bone stock... for now.

Comment

to the forums mang. How 'bout some pics of your car?
      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. As for the shower business - sorry Chuck, you're just not my type! I will try to get pictures when I figure out all the ins and outs of the forum. Come to think of it I don't even have a picture of the car at all, but I'll get on it. By the way, I'm in Columbia Missouri - anyone else from here and can you recommend a good mechanic!

Comment

2 GMN

Comment

Hey guys - how long before I can start new threads in the other sections of the forum? I tried posting but got a screen saying I didn't have the correct clearance, or words to that effect.

Comment

to GMN! I don't remember having any problems with that. It may have just timed out on you. When you log in, click the 'remember me' box.

Comment

Columbia isn't too far from the KC area(which is where I am in Overland Park), only like an hour and a halfs drive I think. There's a few of us around the midwest here.
                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Thanks 86vicky - I'll give it a shot. As for pictures, they will have to wait until after Xmas cos I'm going out of town. But I'll be back to spy on Chuck in the shower soon enough!

Comment

Well, still no luck posting on the other forums. I guess I'll wait til I get back to town and see if things work out. Merry Xmas everyone!

Comment

Oh hmm I dunno then. Merry Christmas

Comment

Okay I'm back. Hope everyone had a great Xmas. I still can't post anywhere else but here! I feel so ..... isolated, so alone, so lonely. Somebody help please ..... sob!

Comment

Originally posted by Bloovic View Post
                          Okay I'm back. Hope everyone had a great Xmas. I still can't post anywhere else but here! I feel so ..... isolated, so alone, so lonely. Somebody help please ..... sob!
                          Welcome. Perhaps you could PM an admin with your issue.
                          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Welcome to GMN!
                            1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
                            FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

I can't remember whether or not there was a confirmation email you needed to recieve and copy and paste the link to complete the registration.

Comment

Working...
                              X