Mine are:

Head units
      Alpine
      Kenwood

Processors
      Audiocontrol

Amps
      old school Precision power AM and Art series
      old school US Amps before they moved to CA.
      older Rockford
      Memphis

Speakers
      JL audio
      Focal
      MB Quart

Subs
      JL Audio
      Image dynamics
      Rockford
      2000 Ford Crown Victoria
      84 Lincoln Town car signature, R.I.P
      85 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2 door performance project
      89 Lincoln town car: RIP
      89 Crown Victoria LX 2002 USACi sound quality world champion RIP
      1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
      1994 Mercury Grand Marquis (sold)
      2004 Mercury Marauder. owned for a week then got screwed by the dealer

Comment

House.....Kenwood

Car.........Alpine
        YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Pioneer
          Sony
          Clarion
          Infinity
          2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Speakers: Infinity
            Head Unit: Pioneer
            Speaker amp: liked Blaupunkt, now trying Alpine
            Subwoofer: JL Audio

Comment

TC Sounds
              Sound Splinter
              Digital Designs
              Audio Que
              Massive Audio (amps)
              McIntosh
              Old Resonant Engineering stuff
              Old Adire Audio crap

Now to mainstream brands...
              Alpine
              Pioneer
              Cadence
              Planet Audio
              CDT Audio
              Focal
              Memphis
              uhhh lots more too.

Comment

Mine Cat Alpine with Polk speakers.

Comment

Whatever I've heard of and can get for a deal. Infinity speakers sound good, Pioneers usually have pretty decent tuners. I have an Alpine and a Kenwood amp, both many years old, no trouble from either. The Alpine has been under my truck seat for about 6 1/2 years now, the Kenwood I've owned since 1999 and I got it used. Still works fine, but its kind of beat up looking by now.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Radio/head unit--Blaupunkt.....my friend had one in his '84 Regal and even though he hated it, it gave him no problems up until he sold the car and the system.

Amp--Profile/California series......this is the last amp that I got and I needed two of them to power the speakers. I had no problems with these.

Speakers--The last speakers that I bought were the12" Ultimate Attitudes. They were 700W RMS/1400W MAX and they needed two Profile amps to power them. They actually required more power than my amps could provide, but the amps didn't distort at high volume. Which brings me to my first set-up that I had. I had two 12" Dr. Crankinstein speakers back in the day. I got them from a mail order catalog and they were friggin loud. I don't remember the specs for them, but I know that I mismatched the amp because they would distort under high volume and the speakers weren't moving much. I don't remember the amp that I used for them though. I sold that set-up to pay for high school tuition.

Packman

Comment

Sansui amp with Wharfedale and KLH speakers FTW!!!! Especially since I replaced the busted tweeter on one of the Whafedales. Vintage electronics rawks!
                      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

What model Wharfedales? I was trying to pick up a set of W90s but the bidding got a bit beyond my price range at the time. I wanted them to run with my Magnavox tube amps. Sansui also made some really killer stuff back in the day. I'd love to have a 9090db receiver.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

These are a set of old 60Ds, the 12" sealed three-way with a sand-filled back to reflect sound better. My receiver/amp is a 2000A. There are probably better ones, but my dad had one so I knew it was good and easy to use. In fact, all four speakers were his before he went with Bose 5.1 surround - the KLHs he bought new, but the Wharfedales he bought for like $50 each off a guy who was upgrading sometime in the mid or late '70s.

Some of those old Sansui speaker designs look pretty interesting, though, like the ones with the louvered tweeters and dual tweeters and stuff.
                          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I hate alpine head units. I loved my Ecplise, but it had issues with the laser after 2 or 3 years. All the pioneers I have still work, and work well. Alpine amps seem pretty good, I'm running a 20 year old V12 in my protege. I hammer it everyday. Been happy with my JL componnents and sub.

Home stuff, well my Bryston amps and Tannoys are quite nice.
                            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Tannoy, yes, good stuff. Had a pair of their reference monitors years ago.
                              1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
                              FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

Working...
                              X