Had my stereo stolen a few weeks ago...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had my stereo stolen a few weeks ago...

I just figured I'd post that I woke up to a busted window and a missing stereo system a few Sundays ago.

They busted some of the dash, busted up the rear seat (cutting amp wires running along there in the trunk).

I lost my $420 Pioneer head unit... the JL Audio W3v2 and the two amps I had back there are also history.

Luckily it all was insured, and the car is sorta fixed now, but the stereo is a slower project.

So did you get paid for the system that was jacked? or just the parts of the car that was busted? I'd recommend people taking in the receipts for there upgrades into the insurance office and get insured for all of that stuff...Its a tough world out here now.
    YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Originally posted by PantherP74 View Post
      I just figured I'd post that I woke up to a busted window and a missing stereo system a few Sundays ago.

They busted some of the dash, busted up the rear seat (cutting amp wires running along there in the trunk).

I lost my $420 Pioneer head unit... the JL Audio W3v2 and the two amps I had back there are also history.

Luckily it all was insured, and the car is sorta fixed now, but the stereo is a slower project.
      Awww christ, that's horrible. And to such a nice car too. What the fuck is wrong with people today!? I hope you get reparations for everything and not just the car.

Comment

Invest in a Trunk Monkey.....

Sorry about the loss mang....
        sigpic1991 Crown Vic 351w 5.8L

Comment

Yeah, I had just taken out an insurance policy on the stereo (at my mother's request). Lucky, or I would have been out the cost of the sub and amps. The head unit is covered under comp.

Comment

Originally posted by 351wcrayz View Post
            Invest in a Trunk Monkey.....

Sorry about the loss mang....
            The dealer one town over from me started the entire trunk monkey thing...I remember back when I was a freshman in high school making jokes about it
            Suburban ford and GM dealer
            YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Who'd you piss off now?
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

If I knew that I'd be a much happier guy.

Comment

Ouch! And to think I got nervous when some punk kids were eyeing my $40 Lightning Audio speakers. Maybe you could reinstall a stock stereo as a dummy and hide the aftermarket headunit somewhere and try to camoflage the system somehow?
                  2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Unless you're booming around town, it might be someone you know, or only one degree away. I have a friend who has recovered items from a home theft recently, he was networked pretty well. I love JLAudio stuff. Sorry for your loss! Time to upgrade.

Comment

I wish people would leave other people's stuff alone. Thieves piss me off. Sorry to hear your stuff got ripped off and trashed.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks guys.

Yeah, I'm paying a bit out of pocket to upgrade, but (hopefully) it will be worth the really effing long wait without a stereo.

The general thought is that either it was somebody who lives near me or someone I know... the stereo wasn't really loud enough to hear outside the car. Plus I like my hearing so it was never up that loud.

Comment

i had a system ripped off a few times......it sucks, but what can u do but insure your stuff

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Get car alarm w/ two way paging, then you can call police if you see someone out there. And stand outside and yell at them. I don't really recommend going to them and beating them up like most people say they will do if they hear their alarm going off. Probably get a lawsuit or some bullcrap against you.

Comment

Yeah, I'm getting the full-on system. Go big or go home, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X