water problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

water problem

i took both door panels off my 92 grand marquis the other day and noticed that the speakers i put in some time ago were in contact with water and the metal frames on the speakers are beginning to rust. is there any type of sealant i can put around the speakers to prevent the water? or is there a quick fix i can do to seal water coming in from the windows? all the weather stripping around the door seems to be in good shape but there is moisture getting inside the door. any help is appreciated.
    '92 Grand Marquis GS
    Cardomain site - [http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2248880/1[/URL]

the inside bottom of the door itself isn't wet? How are your dew wipes (The little weatherstripping on the bottom of the window frame)?
    If not then it may be just condensation.

Comment

Clean out the door drains on the bottoms of the doors. They all get some water in them, but its usually not a problem unless the drains are clogged. When I got my car, the water was sloshing around in the doors. I'm actually amazed they're not rusted through.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I need to take panels off the Lincoln I hear watter splashign all around in there when I took it to spray wash.

Comment

you can get to the drains without removing the panels. Just open the door and look along the bottom edge. There is an oval hole front and back, about 1" long. Stick a small screwdriver or similar tool in there to clean the junk out.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X