Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bought Cadence CWM6-KIT for rear deck want to build indivual sealed boxes for them...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought Cadence CWM6-KIT for rear deck want to build indivual sealed boxes for them...

What should the dimensions I be building the box? Wood should I use? How thick should wood be? What gauge wire should i be running if i have a 100watts running to each speaker. Thinking 14 gauge.
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Okay, these are going in your rear deck aren't they? What you can do is make an enclosure out of .5" MDF or so and mount them from above your rear deck. Give them about .25 cu ft, and you will notice a huge difference in midbass response from them. Make sure if you do this you recess the driver if you are going to mount it under the rear deck, you don't want to damage the speaker. Where are you going to mount the tweeter?

Comment

Ummm....Could we get a visual please?
      sigpic1991 Crown Vic 351w 5.8L

Comment

i agree visual
        sigpic
        1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

Install complete photos will be up later after a washing
          sigpic

Comment

I give props to saiyaneye cause he helped me choose this amazing system great quality, only one problem was that i get interfernce from the motor high hiss any suggestions on fixing that
            sigpic

Comment

Wouldn't it work to get premade speaker boxes from Wal-Mart or Best Buy or somewhere similar? I have a pair, and it seems like they'd be real easy to mount under a package shelf.
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

heres everything in

front doors look the same

rear deck with new vinyl top
                sigpic

Comment

For the hiss check your ground, did you sand down the paint to bare metal where you put your ground? More pics plz...as for a visual for the enclosure let me make a picture for you, hopefully i can make it so you understand what I am talking about.

How much you pay for new top, that is sexy!

Do you have any fiberglassing skills?
                  Last edited by saiyaneye; 01-17-2008, 04:03 AM.

Comment

i Paid 350 for the top and ill have more pics once i get the car back at shop rite now wont idle
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X