Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help

ok i have a 84 grand marquis 2dr fully loaded the whole kitten kaboodle and all was great untill i drove it in snow.. black ice then ditch here sare my problems
    1 the emblem fell off
    will a front fender of 4 dr fit
    how to replace speedo cable
    Last edited by grandmerc84; 01-05-2008, 09:09 PM.

Need Help

ok i have a 84 grand marquis 2dr fully loaded the whole kitten kaboodle and all was great untill i drove it in snow.. black ice then ditch here sare my problems
    1 the emblem fell off
    2 bumper pushed in only drivers side shock
    3 hole in brake line
    4 throttle caBLE
    5 speedo cable

i need help with 2 what to do ..will it pull back out?
    4 i guess on impact i hit brake to hard and fucked T.B. up and 5 what to take off to get to trans and how to take cluster out? will a 4 dr front ender fit on my 2 dr?

Comment

1) glue
      2might be able to pull the bumper out, but probably its going to need a new shock on that side.
      3) time for all new lines. if one blew, the rest are probably close behind
      4) what? how the hell did you break a throttle cable on ice?
      5) another how does a speedo cable get damaged on ice? to change it, there's a clip on the transmission end, and another plastic squeezy thing on the back of the instrument cluster. Pull the metal clip on the transmission, and squeeze the plastic thing on the back of the speedo to disengage it. To get the speedo out, you'll have to pull the dash trim around it, and there are a few screws holding the cluster itself in place.

fenders are the same two door to 4 door.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

ooo tudor!

Must have pics!
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Welcome!

You didn't need two posts, though
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

a big ass slide hammer will do the trick to pull the bumper...need pics asap!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              4) what? how the hell did you break a throttle cable on ice?
              Maybe he was on and off the gas so frantically (in a an effort to get it under control) that it self destructed.

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
              a big ass slide hammer will do the trick to pull the bumper...need pics asap!
              Or use a chain and a tree / other stationary object...
              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Can't throttle and speedo cables be had new from most parts houses? No need to pull the cluster just to change the speedo cable; the quick-release clip is more easily reached from underneath.
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
                X