Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where have you been all my life?(well at least the last six years)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where have you been all my life?(well at least the last six years)

bought a honest to goodness little ol ladies car 6 years ago. 88 crown vic lx.(we call her Ruby) had about 90k on her. absolutely love her! she can be demanding though. this place could have saved me so much money and time over the years its unreal. had her bout a year , rubber/plastic tv grommet came out and..... after transmission rebuild noticed they put the same grommet back in! i put a new one in and also noticed she didn't wanna shift right especially into od. couldn't get the tv cable to adjust right so (yes shadetree as hell) put a small splitshot fishing sinker on the end of the cable to fill in the slack.worked like a charm and still does.(i keep extras and a set of needle nose pliers under the seat which i've only had to replace a couple of times) since then she shifts smoothly into od about 55 under light throttle. just heard on here about the brass tv grommet and will get one as soon as possible. looking through the pages here i have seen so many issues that i've dealt with myself. many of which i'd forgotten about. i'll probably spend the next year catching up on all the old advice and tech tips posted here and would like to compliment you all on the solid detailed tips yall provide. well, back to reading and learning. thanks
    s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii208/brokebill/
    "Ain't we gonna bury him ?"
    "Buzzards gotta eat same as worms."
    ----outlaw josey wales
    (88 LTD Crown Vic LX-Ruby)

No problem!

to GMN, THE source for Box panther tech!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

, Bill! I felt the same way you do when I found this place sometime in the fall of '06. Now I waste way too much time here, and still can't always keep my junk running.
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

to GMN!

This site can definitely save a ton of money

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
        1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
        1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

to the jungle, we got fun and games.
          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

where in TN is gatlinburg??? there will be a DC/VA/NC meet... sometime.
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Hello again...
              Be good, if not, be good at it!!

Originally posted by N A
              RideIt, I hope you know we are going to screw with you because you're the coolest chick on this 'site.
              Originally posted by p71towny
              Your one of the most kick ass girls I know.
              :golf: :golf: :golf: :golf: :golf:

Comment

gatlinburg? My sister has been down there a few times. Got me a sweatshirt from there...
                Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by brokebill View Post
                  bought a honest to goodness little ol ladies car 6 years ago. 88 crown vic lx.(we call her Ruby) had about 90k on her. absolutely love her! she can be demanding though. this place could have saved me so much money and time over the years its unreal. had her bout a year , rubber/plastic tv grommet came out and..... after transmission rebuild noticed they put the same grommet back in! i put a new one in and also noticed she didn't wanna shift right especially into od. couldn't get the tv cable to adjust right so (yes shadetree as hell) put a small splitshot fishing sinker on the end of the cable to fill in the slack.worked like a charm and still does.(i keep extras and a set of needle nose pliers under the seat which i've only had to replace a couple of times) since then she shifts smoothly into od about 55 under light throttle. just heard on here about the brass tv grommet and will get one as soon as possible. looking through the pages here i have seen so many issues that i've dealt with myself. many of which i'd forgotten about. i'll probably spend the next year catching up on all the old advice and tech tips posted here and would like to compliment you all on the solid detailed tips yall provide. well, back to reading and learning. thanks
                  Welcome and I think they've been here since 2000.

Comment

Ive been there its a nice area!

Comment

Welcome to GMN!
                      1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
                      FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

Howdy howdy.

Y'all have had her six years, and you ain't got a picture up? PICTURES PLEASE!

sigpic
                        - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

We've actually been up since Sep 04...
                          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
                          X