Howdy Y'all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy Y'all!

'Nother Noob here, already asked a few questions in a couple threads, thought it was about time I checked in here!
    Over the past 10 or 12 years I have owned 3 or 4 CV's, never had a Merc (sorry).

My latest acquisition is my Grandmothers 1990 CV that she bought brand new in early 1990. when she died in the late '90s she passed it on to my mother, who knew even the that I had been slobbering over it for years. Mom and dad kept it in their garage, only getting it out occasionally to keep everything lubed and running.

Two months ago they decided to pass it on to me. Free.
    It's showing 76,821 on the clock, more on that in a minute. Pics are from the day we got her, she hadn't been out of the barn 5 minuntes when these were taken. She does have her issues, Stereo inop., Pass. power window inop. Temp Gauge inop. and as I found out bringing her home the odometer and tripmeter BOTH inop. Speedo works though.
    But I digress, here are some photos.
    Attached Files
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. ~ George Orwell

1990 Crown Vic, 2006 Ford Fusion, 2003 Ranger

The best n00bs always post pics of their rides immediately.

Welcome to GMN, that car looks very nice!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Sorry, my bad.

I HAVE to get those huge 245 series truck tires off of it too!
      People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. ~ George Orwell

Comment

welcome mang nice vic.yeah the 90-91 odometer always breaks lol it has plastic gears in there.

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by fordktpjoe View Post
          My '91 has 255's on it... Im strating to feel like they are a tad big. They do throw off the speedo a bit.

Yours is a creampuff for sure!!!

Problems you listed are all minor a easily fixable yourself depending how handy you are. You will find lots of info here

Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Sorry, my bad.

No, no, no. I'm saying that you DID post pics of your car right away, and we like that. You done good, mang!

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Oh, Thanks for all the compliments! and BTW Mom gave me a Manila envelope last week FULL of every single maintenance record ever done to the car since it was new! It has been well taken care of. Trans fluid at 45k and I just had it done again last week, brakes at 35k (new rotors, calipers and wheel bearings) going to do all that again next weekend (except rotors and bearings) had valve cover gaskets and an oil pan gasket at around 50K and the fuel rail removed and all injectors cleaned at 60k...Jeez they sure loved this baby! The only thing not done was Rad flush and fill, I had that done last week same time as trans. and oil. Looking for wheels now, HATE those turbines. want Mustang Bullitts, or Sport wheels off a '93 (I think thats what they are) AOD has 'em on his car.
              No record of PCV valve and screen, so gonna do those just for good measure.

Comment

to GMN mang. Car looks great, keep it in good condition. And as soon as you get new wheels, put 'em up for sale here, i'm sure somebody will want them. Or you could use them as winter tires which IMO would be a good idea.
                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

what are they ou of curiosity? 245/70/15???
                  Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                  'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                  sigpic
                  85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Hey, thanks for the welcome, and the compliments!

Never thought about the winter wheels thing, that's a good idea!

Comment

Welcome! Nice Vic!

Comment

Thanks, 86VickyLX, Hey, the wife live in Jersey when she was little, her Dad was Army, she grew up at Picatinny.

Comment

to GMN! Thats a beautiful vic. Looks perfect.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                          1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                          1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Thanks, FatNasty, It has a few issues, but I like it! Oh, and thanks for the welcome!

Comment

brakes at 35k (new rotors, calipers and wheel bearings) going to do all that again next weekend (except rotors and bearings)
                              Any particular reason you want to replace the calipers again? The ones that are on there now are almost certainly in good shape, especially if they were replaced at 35k and it's only got 76k on it now. As a matter of fact, unless something was unusually wrong, they probably didn't really need replacement at 35k, either.

Comment

Working...
                              X