The best..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best..

Hey mang's I got a question. Im planing on getting a 3g preety soon. Thats not my question though.

As i have said before. A loong time ago i use to install systems for people. However i have never made one for a box. And i was woundering what is the best set up for our cars?

Im thinking of making a Giant bass box for the trunk filling actualy half of it. Tweeters above 4 foors Subs In the rear and front.
    What AMPS do you guys like to use. And how do you like to wire them?
    Also, Pete mang you preety much got the same car as me what Stereo did you go with? And di you hald to change antenna wiring?

Im taking note of this to have a mental picture in my head lator.
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

most all installs are pretty much the same... most amps are wired the same... just observe thier limits in ohm loads needs for power supply and you'll be fine. Subs in the trunk for sure, but you dont need any subs up front... normal speakers will be fine. Tweeter up high in the cabin are a very good idea.
    If you want good midbass up front, component speakers are the way to go (the high range tweeters are separate) they use crossovers - also you can build enclosures for the front speakers like a lot of new cars do for better response.

What brand names are good is all speculation... I let price drive my choices. Ive been VERY happy using Alpine amps.
    Pretty much anything is going to sound "good". If you want high power ear bleed SQ and SPL winning bass, then you might be picky about brands, otherwise go with what you want
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Kick ass. thanks Pete mang hehe. I was asking what stero you went with cause i never have been found of "Moding" The StockStero holder. That's just not my thing. One time a feller insisti on having his big ass lumpy stero hooked up in his little Pontiac grand prix. i think it was like around uhh.99 98 somewhere in there.

Anyways.He didn't smoke and there was a way to actualy mount the big ass thing under everything else. So thats what i wound up doing, then i "Filled the old stero slot with a thin sheet of sheet metal. Had some bolt patterns made and just used the existing screws to cover it up. + Some fabric. Eh. you can tell im tired hehe. Im rambling about past history.
      People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

for your bass amps, the power levels will be more important than distortion values. stuff that will have mids and highs you want very low THD (total harmonic distortion) figures. Under 1% is preferred. For example, lots of mid-range audio equipment from the 70s had less than 0.1% THD at full power. High end equipment was often better.You won't hear distortion in the low frequency range nearly as much as you will in the highs.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

So now how do you mang's like to get fire? Run a line tru the fire wall from the battery? And where do you mang's like to keep your Amp? Im thinking in the trunk it would be out of the way that way at least.Although i will half to find one of them der fancy tire mounts for the trunk before i do that hehehe.

Comment

amp in the trunk. I ran the power line through a grommet behind the passenger side kick panel up front.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Found a amp i want :P

http://cgi.ebay.com/POWER-ACOUSTIK-T...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Humm. Got to thinking will a 3g hold up to that big of a Amp?

Comment

I have my power/speaker wires ran under all the plastic molding and crap.

The amp is under the passenger seat and the sub box is actually built into the little space under the rear window, saves a HELLUVA lotta room, looks cleaner too...
                  sigpic1991 Crown Vic 351w 5.8L

Comment

I put a sub up on that shelf once... it sounded crappy compared to having it in the floor.
                    Maybe a box with a port facing the rear would sound better...
                    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                    sigpic
                    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

could always pull the back section of the back seat and bolt your amp to where a factory amp would be mounted.
                      Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Originally posted by 87_crown_vic View Post
                        could always pull the back section of the back seat and bolt your amp to where a factory amp would be mounted.

Then the LED's on the amp woldent be shown though.... hehehe

Comment

Working...
                        X