Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another GMN and Ford noob

Hello All,
    I've been visiting this site for a while and made a few posts, so I figured I'd formally introduce myself.

I live in Norfolk, VA and my car is a bone stock 88 GrandMarq. It's my father in law's car and serves as a backup car for both of our families, but he's let it sit for a long time with minimal use. I don't want to see this lovely beast go to waste, so I've taken on some of the repairs and maintenance.

My daily driver has been laid up for about a month with electrical problems, so I've been driving the Merc. This is why i decided to introduce myself in the noob forum, because I'm bonding with this car big time and I think I'll make sure it stays in the family forever. The roads around here are punishing, but the Merc is the perfect antidote. I love this old beast and can't see living without it! I figured you all could understand this.

Looking forward to learning more about this car and conversing with you all.

David
    05 Crown Victoria
    88 Grand Marquis

Hello!
    -Me

No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Welcome to GMN!!

It's nice to see more and more people falling in love with these cars...
      1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
      1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
      1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

thanks for the welcome!

murphmobile2, I like your wheels. are those 15" Ansen sprints? what size rubber?
        05 Crown Victoria
        88 Grand Marquis

Comment

to GMN!
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
            1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
            But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

welcome to GMN... hope to see the car in some pictures soon and dont be afraid to ask questions, we help out here to keep these cars running.
              Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

to GMN mang. Who wouldn't like the ride? The stock springs/shocks are about the softest ever cuz they're made for older folk so it's a real smooth ride. Too bad handling suffers because of that.
                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Welcome, David! You're doing a great service to the community by keeping a Panther on the road. Glad to have you join us!
                  Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
                  Bone stock... for now.

Comment

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

You are very close the Jonnie Blaze. You would enjoy checking out his vic...
                      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Howdy.....
                        Be good, if not, be good at it!!

Originally posted by N A
                        RideIt, I hope you know we are going to screw with you because you're the coolest chick on this 'site.
                        Originally posted by p71towny
                        Your one of the most kick ass girls I know.
                        :golf: :golf: :golf: :golf: :golf:

Comment

Originally posted by BigBiscuit View Post
                          murphmobile2, I like your wheels. are those 15" Ansen sprints? what size rubber?
                          15x7 fronts wrapped in 235/60's, 15x8.5 rears wrapped in 255/60's, U.S. Indy slotmags. At the newest from 1973, lol. Glad you like!

You'll find you have A LOT of options for wheels for these things!
                          1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
                          1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
                          1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Welcome!

And ditto there is TONS of wheels that will work on these cars!
                            YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

thanks for the welcome, all!
                              05 Crown Victoria
                              88 Grand Marquis

Comment

Working...
                              X