What goes on at Scottfest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What goes on at Scottfest?

This might or might not be a dumb question but I'm not exactly John Nash.

What goes on at Scottfest? I have the general idea of hanging out, racing, junkyarding, etc. Is there a semi-set schedule of any sort?
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post

What goes on at Scottfest? I have the general idea of hanging out, racing, junkyarding, etc. Is there a semi-set schedule of any sort?
    yes. Friday is the race day. Or at least it was last year. Saturday is the BBQ
    Sunday is the trip to the junkyards and Monday I don't know. That's what it was last year. even though I was only there for the BBQ. I would've loved to go to the coal mines.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post

um, yeah thats pretty much the schedule lol

last couple years friday was race night, but that primarily depends on Numidia's schedule. I dont know what they've got going on this year, so it may be on a different day.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

friday night we usually go drag racing, this depends on the schedule at numidia.
        we usually save saturday for the big cookout, and last yr we did the coal mine tour on saturday.....i think........this yr i wanna take you mangs to a different coal mine. i gotta talk to earl the owner of the hegins miing company and see if we can do a panther weigh in on his scale.......i figure if each one of you buys me two 5 gallon buckets of coal, i'll have a head start on next winter hehe
        sunday the ez pull event! more panthers in one place than any other place i know of.......the 98-02 cars started showing up in force......starting to see a thinning of boxes, but they have at least 60 boxes there still.......ez pull is immense, were usually there till they kick us out.......then sunday night we do a bbq and hang out, party
        monday we do whatever......last yr we did the brewery tour and then came back here and tore into panthers, cooked some more......theres lots of room, theres even a bunch of camp sites on the property, and a fire pit, and we got wireless internet just about on the whole property if thain brings the rabbit ears for the router
        come as early as u want, stay as long as you want! i'll find stuff for u to do lol
        scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

speaking of which... did you ever get the fridge doors swapped and interior painted? i know we planned on that but seemed like we ran outta time. if it was onr thing i hated, it was having to leave and make the long journey back home.
          Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Sounds awesome. I'm putting it on my calender. I think I have to go back to school the week after so it should work out fine. Looks like about a six hour drive from my house.

My buddy Wes (who bought the '89 CV wagon I had infor about in the For Sale forum) is stationed at McGuire Air Force Base in Trenton, NJ. He said he's interested in coming too and I'm sure he'll have no problem taking his car down the drag strip.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

just one important thing scott is not a moring person lol all the mangs don't get up untill at least 11:30

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

I'm not a morning person either.

I don't think anyone in the GMN "Cabinet" is.
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I'm unfortunately being forced into becoming a morning person, with being the morning driver now lol.

This sounds like a great time... hopefully when I get the Deuce fully reliable I'll be able to make it sometime.
                  1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
                  1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
                  1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

I'm seriously thinkin about trying to get out of my current obligation that's stopping me from attending this year's festivities. Looking at all this is really making me want to go more then ever.
                    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Dan, if you show up, i'll let you take the vic for a couple supervised laps.

Notice, the "supervised" in there.
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Dan, if you do get the chance to go and don't have a vehicle you want to drive out there, you should ride with me so we can drive in shifts.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

being close to Omaha he could ride out with us also
                          Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

The thing is, the trip that's taking place at the same time as SF has already been paid for. If I can get someone else to go in my place and pay me back then i'll be good but that's a long shot.
                            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

just please dont expect it to be constant, non-stop action... we had one visitor come during lazy downtime, and he didnt have much fun, and he let us all know...

In between events, a good part of the time is just "hanging out"... sipping on some boose... bullshitting about life, cars, women, whatever... tinkering on the car... doing whatever you please... in company of fellow panther enthusiasts... this alone is enough for me.

there is no itinerary, no reservations, but you do ahve to stay all 3 days (or more) to get the full effect
                              Last edited by 85crownHPP; 01-14-2008, 11:41 AM.
                              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                              sigpic
                              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
                              X