Amp problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amp problem

i instaled my kenwood deck today, and when i turned it on the sub just started thumping like crazy and it wasent even on a radio station yet, so i adjusted the level screw on the amp and it went away, so anyway a played around with it a bit and got it working, but when i start the car and drive it all i can here is engine nois thru the amp, (like a whistle noise that gets louder ass i accelerate) but when the car is off works fine, it workd fine with the old cheap deck, the amp is a 200 watt. im not sure the wattege on my deck tho. i have my sub briged, and my rear speakers are hooked up normal to the amp. any sugestions

How close are the stereo wires/power wires together?

Also what brand is the amp? My 200w is a wally world freby I got off a friend and I think the brand is called V3......NFS on if that is a baby brand off a bigger one or not....Hope ya fix the problem soon.....

-Wes
    sigpic1991 Crown Vic 351w 5.8L

Comment

your RCA jackes might be loose or they might have went bad my cousin had a mustang that did that with bad cables
      ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
      ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

Turn down your amplifier gain. If it's up the whole way you'll get interference like what you described.

Comment

Alternator whine is the noise you are hearing. it can be caused by a bad ground or electrical interference picked up by the rca's an easy way to test the rca's is to plug a different pair of rca's into the deck to amp but don't run them through the car (under carpet) instead toss them over the seats out the door and in the trunk through the trunk lid and connect to amp. Then start the engine and listen for the noise. If its still there it’s either a ground issue or a bad component. If rca's over the seat don’t fix it. And moving the ground doesn’t fix it you could cheat and go to your local stereo shop and pick up a "ground loop isolator" aka noise filter

Comment

ok ill have to try that stuff, you can here everything thru the speakers, turn signals, when you press the break, wipers, etc..

Comment

what kind of RCA cables are you using?? cheap ones pick up lots of noise... shielded ones not so much. You can also get the RCA noise filters at wal mart for under 10 bucks, or online for cheaper probably.
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

yea they look like cheap ones, they came with my $50 amp wireing kit, they are just puney looking black ones, like you would use on a house stereio, they worked fine with my other amp, but it was only a 250 watt, as the new amp is 700 somthing watt,, ill have to grab a noise filter, I also noticed that the condencer that is hooked to the voltage regulator has its wire rotted right off, like the wire is gone, and all my voltage regulator wires are all dry rotted and cracked and bare in alot of spots, looks like i have some rewireing ahead of me here

Comment

Working...
                X