my system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my system

ok i have a dvd touch screen with 2 15in kickers in the trunk with a 2000 watt amp a 1-fared cap and infenity speakers all the way around the doors the dash and the rear but everything rattles on the car any hints to help the tailinghts from rattling
    ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
    ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

I can't remember where to get it, but they make some foam backed soft tape.

It would be worth putting around the taillight, like the areas where it contacts other materials.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Umm...I actually have a couple of questions for this one...

1-Have you tried turning the damned thing down?

2-Where the HELL does a 15 yr old get the $$$ for a DVD TUCHSCREEN, 2x15" KICKERS and the other assorted stuff you mentioned?

Oh, and as for the rattleing problem, check all the clearances of the trunk lid to taillights, etc, and use some dynomat....Easy to cut/place.....

-Wes
      sigpic1991 Crown Vic 351w 5.8L

Comment

well my cousin is going into the army next month so he sold his cars and told me i could use all of his audio stuff but what he dosn't know is he aint getting it back
        ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
        ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

Oh ok..I was under the impression of mummy/daddy buyin it..But Now its all clear...Not a bad find my friend....Tryin to jew, er jue my cousin outta his 2x15" Tarantulas and the box....
          sigpic1991 Crown Vic 351w 5.8L

Comment

ya i wish my mom and dad would get me this stuff
            Attached Files

Comment

that sticky foam tape can probably be found in home depot or whatever. its the stuff used around doors and windows in houses. they make it pretty thin, like 1/8" thick and 3/4" wide.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yea i think i know what ur talkin about i put some on my license plate because it was one of the things rattlin...its just like foamish stuff with double sided tape on it

Comment

Looks like you have a nice system... what Infinity speakers do you have? References, Kappas? Size? Two way, three way, components?

Man I can't wait till I get mine going again...

Comment

there all kappas in the dash there 2-way in the door there components and the rear are 3-way

Comment

Then you probably have the same speakers I do. How are you liking the 680-series Kappa components up front?

Comment

the ones i have are pretty good but they cant handle the bass really

Comment

the tweeters cant lol

Comment

I will take my tailight assembly off my LTD and show you what I did to stop them from rattling like crazy. Have you considered sound deadening? I am pretty sure your rear deck is flapping around like crazy. Mine was flexing about an inch before I secured it better.

Comment

could u please lol... i was wanting to buy this 120210238013 u have to go to ebay and put that in the search...but it is 100 square foot of fatmat, a kinda of dynomat rip off but its more for way less and i was thinkin of putting like about 2 layers in the trunk...and yea it flex's and rattles like crazy when u turn it up lol...but i moved the trunk latch down more so itd close tighter but it helped a lil but not much

Comment

Working...
                              X