Car not starting when I want it to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car not starting when I want it to

Hey, My 92 Marq is having troubles starting when i want it to, when I go and turn the key sometimes all I get is a click from the solenoid. However I let it sit for 10 -15 minutes and the it starts back up. It does this often. However when it stops doing it it doesn't do it for like a week and then the problem starts up again.

I already cleaned up all the connections on the solenoid and starter. Is there anything else I can do? Or any thoughts on what it is... I think its the starter personally but would like other opinions.
    1992 GrandMarquis LS
    The boat with the sound.

This sounds EXACTLY like the events leading to my starters DEATH.

Same symptoms. You may want to buy one and keep it in the trunk along with what ever you need to change it...and a crappy blanket.

NO JOKE.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply, yeah I am going to bring it to the shop on wednesday to get the starter replaced, any idea how much this will run me?
      1992 GrandMarquis LS
      The boat with the sound.

Comment

yeah, if its orignal Id go on and change it
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

If I had a guess...Geez...Less than $100. Maybe $60. BUT there will be a core charge/refund.

Been so long since I did mine ( 4.6 engine ) I just cant remember

Comment

Well I had a starter, I had a whole engine and everything, only thing was it was a 92 CV with the AODE tranny, and I just have the AOD.
            1992 GrandMarquis LS
            The boat with the sound.

Comment

So youre saying you have a starter and you dont think it will fit ??

Use ANY online parts store and search for the starter you have and then the starter you need...Numbers match ..Youre golden.

Comment

aod and aode starters are not the same. 2 bolts on AOD cars, 3 on AODE cars. That'll be a mini starter, about 150 bucks I think.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                X