Engine diagram/schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine diagram/schematic

This may already be on the site somewhere - if so forgive my lack of navigation skills - but it would be really helpful to dufuses (dufii?) like me if there were clear pictures/diagrams of the Ford 5.0 engine with appropriate labelling. Perhaps it could also include a short note explaining what each component does and approx cost of replacement/repair etc. I have the Haynes manual but this would be really useful to have right on the site I think. Is it worthwhile?

Might not be a bad idea, especially for newer members or members messing with a type of vehicle they haven't played with before (i.e. Box owner buying his first Whale body).
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I agree, and just have the engine pic with the parts #rd some way, and have a seperate sheet w/ the #'s, telling what they are/what they do....IMO it would be a REALLY big help....
      sigpic1991 Crown Vic 351w 5.8L

Comment

prices vary too much from state to state......and how can you put a flat rate time on removing rusted parts?......do like i do and check your local pricing for the best prices
        if i had a scanner i could scan the panther section of my labor guide.....some of those flat rate times are a joke

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
          prices vary too much from state to state......and how can you put a flat rate time on removing rusted parts?......do like i do and check your local pricing for the best prices
          if i had a scanner i could scan the panther section of my labor guide.....some of those flat rate times are a joke
          Yeah, like the time they give for doing the heater core in a 91 :bs:

Comment

Just add a disclaimer that those are best case scenario rates..
            2000 Grand Marquis LS
            2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
            1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
            1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
            Mercury Owners Group member
            Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

Still, I think just a big pic of each type of engine with each different type of fuel delivery is a good idea. It'd help out noobs and stupid people like me.
              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
                It'd help out noobs and stupid people like me.
                You are only stupid if you fail to listen and learn.

Not knowing is not being stupid. If it was I would be a frickin moron!!!
                2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

I'm learning as much as I can but all the info you guys throw out is so cornfusing/overwhelming to me.
                  88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                  Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

It would sure help me out. I have very little car smarts, let alone specific Crown Vic experience. Part of the reason I chose to drive a CV was because it seemed like a reasonable car to learn some DIY mechanics. However, because my car is my daily driver, I can't risk fecking something up. Having a feature like the one I suggested would help me get a handle on the basics and stop me looking like a dumbass when I do have to take my car to a shop. Kind of a Crown Vic Guide for Dummies.

Comment

We are all here to help

Don't be afraid to ask. We may laugh, but it's only because we have been there ourselves

2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Do they estimate way too much or too little time for the job?

Comment

actually darknight posted a thread a while back and it turned into a 'name this part' type thing. lots of pics, etc. I wonder if I can find that, it would do well to be archived. Mind you it was for his CFI car, but theres a fair amount thats the same on an EFI car.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Hm....

Comment

well here's a start. Found it on the net somewhere a while back, might have been here or lincolns online, cant remember.
                              Attached Files

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                              1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                              1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Working...
                              X