Amnesty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amnesty

I would like to suggest this: if someone joins our community at GMN who happens to be a member of another site (such as CVN), they join this site anew. They are to be treated as a newcomer, not someone with a bad history from another site. I realize that someone may be a :asshat: on another site, but that doesn't mean they will act like one here. Maybe our more open and relaxed enviornment will bring out the better side of the individual in question. But treating people like :poop2: because they did something distasteful elsewhere is rude and unwelcoming. This site was started on the premise of being different from the other Panther site(s) in attitude, right? If a person is approved to join this forum, they should be treated like a member, not like persona nongrata for things they did elsewhere.
    Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
    Bone stock... for now.

Yeah, we got a few dickheads here that can't seem to let things go.
    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

I would completely agree with this, and have said as much before. What goes on at other forums is their business, what goes on here is ours.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Im down, easily said becuase i only have time for one panther site I try to give anyone I meet the benefit of the doubt. Just dont ask to borrow any money.
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

can you spare a dime brotha mang?
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Damn I was about to ask that.....
            YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Wow, three admins agree with me... the shock of it is overwhelming me a bit....

This ties in well with the thread Murph started too, about "n00b control." He is absolutely right that n00bs should post in the n00b center only for some amount of time or number of posts. That would give the admins time to evaluate their reason for being here and actual interest in improving/contributing to the site. That way, if someone is just here to start crap, they'll get nixed before they become a part of the general population. But treating them bad before they become a problem? Not right. And the members who do so should face repercusions of some sort for engaging in n00b bullying. Please, you admins talk it over and try to come up with a good system for this, so we can all grow in the Panther community.

Bone stock... for now.

Comment

I put my neck out there, and burned a LOT of bridges to try to eliminate the whole "CVU to GMN" thang, and let's hope it works.

I agree on amnesty though, after reading threads like this, and seeing recent goings-on.

Suggestions?
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
                  If a person is approved to join this forum, they should be treated like a member, not like persona nongrata for things they did elsewhere.
                  Not just that, but for things they DIDN'T do here or elsewhere. Some people on here are just being treated like crap regardless.

You bring up a damn good point Chuck.
                  1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
                  1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
                  1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Well, I suppose it would be up to the admins to "punish" people who offend in this manner. I think a person (the member who has been here a while) should probably get a warning or two, depending on how much they contribute, and then it would possibly progress to a temporary ban, and god forbid, if they just can't control themselves at all, they get shown the door. But understand, in the recent happenings that led me to make this thread in the first place, at least one (maybe two?) admins were guilty parties, and one previous admin. Especially in the case of those who are supposed to be preserving the peace here, the message should be clear - no more bullying the noobs, or you'll be stripped of your priveleges, and then it gets worse from there. Of course, these are just suggestions, possibilities. And of course it wouldn't apply to the Battlefield, where n00bs aren't allowed anyways. But ASOLUTELY ZERO negativity in the n00b center, and a little bit more tact and welcoming attitude in the other sections, at least until they break in a little and prove themselves to be a problem.

Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Maybe 1 month in the noob forum, then the rest is unlocked to posting?
                      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by grandpaslincoln View Post
                        Maybe 1 month in the noob forum, then the rest is unlocked to posting?
                        I think that could work. That way, if the wait was too long for them and they decided it isn't the place for them, they could go one their merry way. Honestly, I don't want to discourage anyone from tyaking full advantage of the site... but since some of our members can't be courtious, something needs to be done.

Bone stock... for now.

Comment

nobody posts there tho, it would get boring awful quick. I wouldn't hang out on a site that required that I spend time locked into only one forum.

Comment

A month seems a bit long, if you ask me. Maybe a week or two? If we do this, we should make a note in the forum description that noobs are allowed to post tech questions in the noob forum, since often times people sign up because they have some problem with their car that's preventing them from getting to work.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                            1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                            But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                              nobody posts there tho, it would get boring awful quick. I wouldn't hang out on a site that required that I spend time locked into only one forum.
                              Well, that makes sense too... okay, what if they can post anywhere a noob usually can, but they have a probationary period of thirty days - if they do something un-n00b-like in that time (like intentionally starting trouble) they get the "No Warning Permaban" and we aren't ever bothered by them again. That desicion would have to be between at least two admins, and may I suggest, either TOM himself, or a non-admin who could veto the banishment (this is because, what if two admins know this guy from CVN and already don't like him? I volunteer for non-admin veto board member, or I suggest Murph or Nate.)

Trust me, I don't think I've got all the answers, but I came up with the suggestion and I feel it's partialy my responsibility to be part of the solution. If someone will teach me how, I will gladly do any of the "jobs" I am trying to create and hand out.

Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Working...
                              X