n00b control!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

n00b control!

If the title of this seems somewhat offensize, all apologies, lol. I love seeing all the new members joining here that actually are interested in their boxes, aeros, and whales (and in some cases modifying!). But...

We've also been having a lot of random members lately, that make one or two posts then leave. And some of these are even derogatory. So I think it's time we put up the floodgate.

It's a good idea to post in the n00b forum when you first join, but not everyone does it. This is why I believe we should make it mandatory. If it is mandatory, I have yet to find anything about it. Post in the n00b forum, let us get to know you, then you can start posting elsewhere. The Bonneville forum I'm on does this, and it really has helped keep unneccessary traffic down.

It may also be a good idea to move the link for the "n00b forum" higher up on the main page.

Now even though this doesn't have to do with the n00bs (even though in some cases it could lol) I also believe we should all post what year, make, and model we drive in our signature if we havn't already. This makes it much easier to give advice to help troubleshoot problems with our members rides. It would also make it a lot easier to identify who drives what.

1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
    1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
    1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Originally posted by murphmobile2 View Post

I also believe we should all post what year, make, and model we drive in our signature if we havn't already. This makes it much easier to give advice to help troubleshoot problems with our members rides. It would also make it a lot easier to identify who drives what.
    That wouldn't work with me, I don't maintain ownership of anything for longer than a week or two.

Comment

Good idea.
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

That's the second best suggestion I've read since I've been here man. The first best was on I made (well, yours may be better, but I'm somewhat biased.)
        Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
        Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Sounds good.......

wait.....

Is it OK for me to post here yet?
          1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
          FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

This idea is appealing.

"Major Tom to noob control...."

Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
            Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

:lol:

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
              1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
              But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

you know, i've never posted in the new pplz forum. i guess I'm a perman00b.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Any other comments on the year/make/model in the signature?

Otherwise, I'm glad to see a few nice responses to all this!

Comment

Year/make/model in the sig sounds like a good idea if'n you ask me.

I see I don't have it in mine...hmmm...

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

No true blue sig requirements. That's too nazi-ish.

Comment

Alright, lol.

I guess just do it if you want then, lol.

Comment

The require to be FORCED to post an intro is good, though. See other thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                            That wouldn't work with me, I don't maintain ownership of anything for longer than a week or two.
                            You also change your sig every week or two, so what's the big deal?

Originally posted by murphmobile2 View Post
                            Any other comments on the year/make/model in the signature?

Otherwise, I'm glad to see a few nice responses to all this!
                            Maybe it could be highly encouraged, just not mandatory.

And Chuck!! Shrink your pic already!!!
                            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                              Maybe it could be highly encouraged, just not mandatory.
                              If the admins agree, I believe we should go with it...

Comment

Working...
                              X