they dont make em like they used to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they dont make em like they used to

a couple months ago my alternator went out on one of my 89 cv's, and i noticed when i replaced it that it was the original. i didnt think much of it. i dont drive this one too often, and have had plugs, wires cap n rotor and f filter, sitting in the backseat waiting to be put in when i found the time. well i found the time today and when i started taking the wires off half of them left the metal from inside the wire stuck on the plug. also they were numbered and said "1989" on them. so im thinking they are all the original. also one plug was cracked. the funny thing is, this car runs like a champ. so 19 years and 136,000 miles. i wanna go back in time and buy my parts in 1989. im pretty sure nothing on this car has been replaced before. an ode to ford craftsmanship. i should check the tranny fluid.

Not bad! Sounds a little like my '79, from which I removed 1979 date-coded plug wires when I did a tuneup after buying it in '05. It had other issues, of course .... your sounds like a real keeper!

What all vehicles do you have?
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

i have a blue w/ blue interior 89 cv and a silver 89 with a white top and white leather. the silver one is a time machine. i got the blue one a while ago and boughrt the sivler one a few months ago for only 600 bucks the money i was gunna use to do exhaust. so now i need twice as much money. oh well. my stepdad has an 87 gm coup he bought in 1990. but i havent seen it in like 4 years. plus he drove the shit out of it in the early 90's and its not really that nice anymore, and it probably hasnt been driven in a loooong time. i dig the 4 doors way more anyway.

Comment

Kewl. Got pics?
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

to GMN mang. We'd all like to see pics of this time machine.
          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Welcome mang! White leather = yummy!
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Welcome. I drive a 1990 blue CV with blue interior. You clearly have excellent taste!

Comment

Hello....
                Be good, if not, be good at it!!

Originally posted by N A
                RideIt, I hope you know we are going to screw with you because you're the coolest chick on this 'site.
                Originally posted by p71towny
                Your one of the most kick ass girls I know.
                :golf: :golf: :golf: :golf: :golf:

Comment

Welcome

Comment

my 1987 Grand Marquis had original wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter, belts, hoses, and calipers. i have replaced the plugs, cap, rotor, wires, calipers.... still need to replace belts and hoses. think i should warn you about getting a brass bushing for the transmission pressure cable since nobody has mentioned it. price for it is around $5 and by replacing that, you will save lots more from kepping the transmission from getting fried.
                    Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Working...
                    X