• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold Air Intake

hey guys whats i was wondering what CAI should i get for my 89 Vic

LINK TO INFO

Comment

i have heard that mustang ones fit on cv seeing as they have the same engine

Comment

mustang ones aren't usually bent quite right. the intake on a mustang faces the other way, and the fenders are shorter
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

i would look at monterey's link. he has a good write up on how his id done. here are a couple pictures of mine. if you can move your coolant overflow bottle, you can get better airflow to the filter. i left mine and it gets air from the gap between the 2 reservoirs and is wedged into place.
          Last edited by 87_crown_vic; 01-30-2008, 10:14 AM.
          Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

ok sweet ill put those tips to use

Comment

Originally posted by 89Lx-First-On-Race-Day View Post
              i have heard that mustang ones fit on cv seeing as they have the same engine
              Not quite the same engines....

None are truly cold air intakes, and don't help much for performance. They make more noise though.
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I made my own. I wish I had pics of it I cut a hole right where that flat spot is just in front of the reservoir bottles and ran a long tube from the throttle body to right behind the bumper and then wrapped it in a insulation that you can find at summet or sometimes at the auto parts store. I'd use 4 inch flexible exhaust tubing if you can find any and put a filter on the end....Just be sure your careful about water and puddles and stuff like that.
                YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Working...
                X