Grand Rapids meet - spring '08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand Rapids meet - spring '08

Hi guys, I'm planning to do a small meet in Grand Rapids, MI, in the vicinity of March or April 2008. So far I've got Nathan in MN and torquelover interested, so my plan is to work with their schedules to pin down a date and time. I'd like to get input in this thread from other members who would want to come and when would be a good time for everyone. My schedule is normally pretty open, barring visits to or from relatives or other sorts of things that have a way of popping up.

I was going to suggest the Pizzeria Uno franchise (www.unos.com) in Grand Rapids for a meeting place, but a potentially better suggestion I got was GoMongo mongolian barbecue (www.gomongo.com). I could live on Chicago pizza (until all that fat kills me, that is), but fresh-grilled chicken and veggies with tons of spices are also FTW!!!

Anyway .... fire away, and we'll see what we can work out that will work for everyone.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

You can count me in, obviously...though, that's what I had originally said about today's meet, too...

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Awesome idea. I'm off every other weekend from this weekend on. Both places are good. GoMongo might be better due to it being more casual and buffet-style. If someone comes late, it won't matter too much, and will give gluttons who came early another chance at making the "perfect bowl". We could always do Uno's first, hang out with the Panthers, and then hook up GoMongo for dinner, LOL. The other Michael is in as well, as he has been at every other meet I could not attend.
      Last edited by torquelover; 01-19-2008, 01:56 PM.

Comment

To Grand Rapids tis like 300 miles round trip, considering the in-town driving that's about 30 gallons of gas - ouch! Can probably bring it down to 20 gallons if I con Dennie into coming too, her truck gets 16mpg on the freeway with the 4x4 engaged but she won't let me just borrow it, overprotective crazey, lol

Comment

Yeah, I can understand if you Wayne County mangs can't make it. Good luck getting your friend to come along!

Greg: fun idea to kind of make it an afternoon and do both lunch and dinner. Dunno how that'll work out, but then, we were out so late both nights we hung out in IN it might work out just fine. :p

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
            Yeah, I can understand if you Wayne County mangs can't make it. Good luck getting your friend to come along!

Greg: fun idea to kind of make it an afternoon and do both lunch and dinner. Dunno how that'll work out, but then, we were out so late both nights we hung out in IN it might work out just fine. :p
            Yep. As long as I'm not out until 5AM like the Chi-town meet, I'm good to go.

Comment

Well its 2 hours for me. But the means

I get there early and have more than a few hours there.

Drive time should always be at least half time spent ! Thats MY rule.

Besides I want double my meets back in nicer weather.

Comment

ABOUT TIME!!!!! and oh my god mongolian BBQ... SO GOOD IT HURTS! even for a skinny man like me!!!!

you guys can damn count on me joining... PLEASE PM ME ill give my number to the leader of this event to help out all i can.. I have MANY suggestions for this event and i have been waiting quite awhile for this to happen.

thanks and cant wait to see you fellas

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___---
                *edit*

if the chance is really worth it (which it is to me)

im willing to throw an account together to help fund this. it will be public and will be collected legally and promptly. This means alot to me as a ford driving marquis fan. So please im open to any suggestions as of now and till then. Thanks you alot. - alex
                Last edited by 97marquismuscle; 01-20-2008, 03:40 AM.

Comment

WOW get this............

The wife LIKES the idea . She said " MINI vacation " . Come up there stay over night someplace with a HOT TUB. and drive home the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by 97cv View Post
                    WOW get this............

The wife LIKES the idea . She said " MINI vacation " . Come up there stay over night someplace with a HOT TUB. and drive home the next day.

WOW!!!

I've heard about there being neat places to see there, but the only thing I've been to so far is the Meijer Sculpture Gardens - neat place to visit but not the most likely for a car meet.

97marq, PM sent.

Comment

Isn't there a Deja Vu there, too?

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
                        Isn't there a Deja Vu there, too?
                        Seems like we've asked that question before...

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

heh ... count me out on the Deja Vu, unless you want my wife to go Keanu on your Asian ass. :p

Comment

Oh, you mean "I know Kung Fu!"

It was a suggestion for those who stay over and are single or want to be. Hot tub + panther + strippers kinda thing.

Maybe?

Or we could just go to the Space Museum or the Cereal Factory instead. Not too far away.

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
                            Seems like we've asked that question before...
                            Yes we have. And if it is there, I have been to it many moons ago.
                            Last edited by torquelover; 01-21-2008, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Ooh, space museum ....

Comment

Working...
                              X