77 weatherstriping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

77 weatherstriping

Does anyone know where to get the door and window weather strip for a 1977 ltd dr sedan
    70 F250 Camper Special
    77 Ltd
    81 Tbird
    85 Grand Marquis

weatherstriping

Originally posted by lil9er View Post
    Does anyone know where to get the door and window weather strip for a 1977 ltd dr sedan
    I got mine from the Ford dealership in Minot and they got it from the Ford archives in which they run the old part # and u hope some dealership still have it in stock, other then that its the bone yards. nobody is remaking them. It took me a year to find one. Good luck.....Garry

Comment

Dear Panthers,
      Rubber is the biggest single problem I see keeping my '89 CP running - 15 k annually - for the next ten years. NOS rubber is gone - or nearly so - and the used stock has usually deteriorated as badly as what you've got on the car. Our cars aren't old enough or popular enough for the rubber replacement people and I'm guessing that making a mould for a one off would cost thousands.

I've got fairly good used rubber. How do I keep it lively until the "Deacons one-hoss shay"?

Donald McCaig

Comment

Donald, for the door seals you can buy rubber seal by the foot from most parts stores - just yank an old seal off a junker car and spread it and measure it, then buy the new one - I'll have to do something of that sort to seal my windows to the B-pillars, but I'll need like 1" fat seal cause there ain't no more window frames there.

Comment

Working...
        X