Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What sort of gas milage would I get with a 1999 CVPI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What sort of gas milage would I get with a 1999 CVPI?

Hey I have a chance to get a 1999 crown Victoria Police car And I need to know a few things.
    #1 what is the "normal" MPG for these things
    #2 How hard is it to replace the drivers side fender and door?
    #2 is that the year that came with the lame plastic intake?
    #4 ANYTHING 4.6 I never owned one before and i am willing to learn.

#5 Thanks everybody
    YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

for fuel economy, this will give you an idea of what it should get...
    http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/findacar.htm
    1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
    1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
    1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

16 city
      23 hwy

Not bad...And When there is other people in the car I drive like a normal human being and not some crazed gear head and I don't plan on driving it all that much so that is pretty good for me...Thanks I was really worried about it...BUT all I had to go on was a poor running 5.0...and a F150 with problems..lol

Comment

Look at the thermostat. DR side right behind ALT. If its mounted in Aluminum that " Crosses over" the rest of the intake you have a good one.

Replacing the doors will require help. The Fender will not. Certi-fit = SORTA-FIT

You will wanna search LCM ( Lighting Control Modual ) on the other site. They were manufactured with the MINIMUM gauge wire. If you can solder you'll be ok.

Before you put new fenders on think about spraying some undercoat on them, Then installing them.

All I can think of half asleep half cup of coffee.

Comment

Very helpfull....I'm also looking for a job at the same time...lol...It seems to be a catch 22..I am very good at auto detailing, I have LOTS of personal experience with it and I pride my self on how good I am...BUT...I MUST have a running reliable car first..lol...AND I have to make some money to get the car...Or sell something of mine Or beg and plead to make payments on it ...I'm prayin to teh car gods something works out.

Comment

Well good luck on both fronts.

wheres Estacada ?

Comment

My Dad has a 1999 CVPI. It was a salvage car that we "clipped" and put together on a solid frame. It only has like 45K on it (original), and it doesn't get the best mileage, in my opinion. Not much better than my car; his probably gets 17/18 with a mix of city/ highway. His has 3.55 gears though, but that shouldn't make too much of a difference.

For the door, you will need help, like 97cv said. Getting it lined up might be a bit tricky, but patience and working at it will make it happen. I remember when I changed the lower hinge on my car. It was me and my briother, and when we first put the door back on I almost cried. It was hanging like 5" too low. But after adjusting depth and everything, I got it lined up far better than it had ever been previously.
              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by 97cv View Post
                Well good luck on both fronts.

Wheres Estacada?
                Estacada Is about 20 miles out from Portland Oregon.

http://bluebook.state.or.us/local/ci...k/estacada.htm

Just on the other side of those biuldings is were my house is.

Comment

both my 99 and 2000 get about 19-20 at very best with 3.55 gears

Comment

Arg, I hate being sick...AND I hate this weather also, I was going to check out the car today and take a few pictures of it...And possibly talk to the seller about making payments on it since I need a good car really bad....And love the crown vics...if I can get this car I know I'd be a really good owner for it.

Comment

OK I went to check it out today The car is ruff and needs a bit of body work But other then that its pretty cool, Its got Both spot lights and a Grey ish interior, It needs a...
                      #1 Hood
                      #2 drivers side fender
                      # a drivers door....Possibly, But I can pull dents out and use a body hammer set so not a big deal
                      It is in fact a Police model. It saw light duty though (not as hard as a patrol car)
                      And I just might be able to make payments....
                      SO I just might have a panther really soon

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
                        for fuel economy, this will give you an idea of what it should get...
                        That website correctly lists my 87 as having a 4.9 liter V8.
                        1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
                        FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

Starting on the first of this next month I'll be makin payments

Comment

Originally posted by 87vicFIVEO View Post
                            That website correctly lists my 87 as having a 4.9 liter V8.
                            Well Gee....Looks like you will have to swap in a dohc 4.6 along with a T5 wont you?!?

Comment

i have a 99 P74 (civi model) but its an hpp package with dual exhaust and 3.27 gears. with a 99 3.55's was an option so you may have 3.27's

i get about 21.2 on a decent mix, and about 20 around town (19 if i leadfoot it a lot) not too bad. all highway ive hit as high as 27.6 or so.

1999 P74 HPP 3.27 RAR

Comment

Working...
                              X