What next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What next?

So I am deffinetly going to add the h-pipe. I was curious as to another decent mod to add a little omph. I don't want to go to crazy but a little more power wouldn't be horrible. Would beefing the intake up a little be a good route, or would I have to do some other mods to not cause any problems?
    sigpicwww.myspace.com/reverendrevival

Definitely consider adding some stock Mustang headers along with the dual exhaust. If you go with 2" exhaust you'll need adapters to bolt to the 2.25" ball-flange collectors.

Not sure what you can do with the intake on your CFI car while keeping it CFI, other than maybe see what happens if you bolt the throttle body to a performance 4V intake with an adapter........ don't imagine that'd do anything good for your fuel-delivery calibration, though.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Yeah I heard a rumor that a bone yard done the road has a few Foxes sitting around so I think I am going to tke a run done there today see if I cant find a decent set of headers.

Comment

Also is there a specific header I should be looking for or will any headers of a 5.0 fox work?

Comment

Most of us are using the '86-'93 version with two-bolt collectors. I think the earlier version used in '83-'85 or whatever had three-bolt ball flange collectors, which would work too with the right flanges on the pipes .... the two-bolt ones are more usual, though, and it's easy to get female flanges to mate to them (or just use an aftermarket Mustang crossover pipe), and if you upgrade to aftermarket headers in the future you'll almost certainly get two-bolt flanges, so that's what I'd stick with. '94-'95 versions are slightly different. I got mine (from a '91, I think, not that it matters) on eBay for about $20 plus shipping.

Comment

So heres the question. I am bone stock right now.
            What kind of gain can I expect from the Fox header swap and H-Pipe install?
            Any Ideas?

Comment

If you're currently single exhaust, probably in the neighborhood of 15 or 20hp (from ~130), judging from the fact that the SEFI motors were rated at 150 with stock single exhaust and 165 with duals. It really won't provide big gains up front, but it'll be way worth having when you get a four-barrel, and especially if you go ahead and swap in a different cam and heads. The small exhaust and corkola-style manifolds are a bit of a restriction now, but they'll be a much bigger one down the road.
              Last edited by 1987cp; 01-26-2008, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Dont forget the better MPG!
                Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

I believe you mean gallons per mile ...........

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                    I believe you mean gallons per mile ...........

Now thats funny. Well I hit the bone yard today. No heads or headers in site.

Still a few down the road though so we'll see.

Comment

That stinks. Good luck finding headers elsewhere!

There is a set on eBay that you might be able to get for $40 shipped, if that price is competitive with your local yards: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/89-Mu...spagenameZWDVW

BTW, the E7TE cylinder heads (1987 and later Mustang and truck, etc.), if you can find a set for cheap (not much over $50/pair) will have a letter "T" on the top corner by the valve cover.
                      Last edited by 1987cp; 01-27-2008, 03:53 AM.

Comment

welcome to gmn!
                        gears and dual exhaust will give you your biggest bang for your buck
                        and please enter your location so we know where you are located

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Yeah I'm not in to big of a hurry. I would rather it all be done right, not right now.
                          I will hopefully (fingers crossed) have te exhaust done by next month. I would like to have a little bit of work done before I attempt to go to PA in august(hmm wonder why).

Comment

believe me i'm way behind in the mods on my own cars, and that's my buisiness.....theres either no money, no time or no energy for my cars.......all the advances i've made with friends and customers boxes, and i still have boring rubber control arm bushings and a 200,000 mile aod and a 200,000 mile stock steering box, and tailpipes that i hand crafted in 1998.....lol

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Minnesota, eh? Looks like Nathan_in_MN is about 3 hours from you when he's home from school.

Comment

Working...
                              X